Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

No active 737-800 development?

I know there is a freeware 737 available, but is there no commercial 737-800 being actively developed? 

That is kind of disappointing considering how popular the NGX was for FSX.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

PMDG's entry into the X-Plane "franchise" can bring one, although I'd rather have their 744 :-)

We already have good buses and an excellent 737 ( iXEG) is on it's way, and we have an excellent 777 soon to be followed by a 757 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was actually looking forward to a 737-800 because I'm building a cockpit based on the 738 in conjunction with ProSim737. 

Oh well; perhaps when iXEG releases we can use the flight model of their plane. 

I was actually looking forward to a 737-800 because I'm building a cockpit based on the 738 in conjunction with ProSim737. 

Oh well; perhaps when iXEG releases we can use the flight model of their plane. 

Don't underestimate the freeware EADT 737x, It is more akin to payware than you might believe. Work on this bird is advancing all the time, they are even in the process of adding a VC (http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=144928), Javier Cortez is also updating his x737FMC to version 3.0 that will include among other things a VSD (vertical situation display).

Hi Michel, I tried out the EADT 737x and I wasn't very impressed with the physics of the aircraft. 

I'm not too concerned with the VC or FMC as that doesn't matter too much for cockpit builders as ProSim737 takes care of all the glass software.

The aircraft felt very 'light' and I was doing rolls and spins with the plane without any issues.

The aircraft felt very 'light' and I was doing rolls and spins with the plane without any issues.

Oh, not good. On with the IXEG 737 then... :smile:

Oh ... airliners CAN do rolls. They are not certified for such things, but ... yes, they can :P .

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...