Sign in to follow this  
Sunaru

Authoritative modern jetliners in FSX

I think I got the intention of the OP. Pretty similar to saying a plane is a "must" - which should not be taken literally, either.

Wish I could suggest another aircraft myself, but the 'Who is who' seem to have gathered here already ...

(This is geared to planes, but you can take it either way ...  ^_^  )

I don't think such exclusive agreement exists.

That PMDG publishes and sells under its logo documents which are clearly marked "Boeing Proprietary" and the NGX Product page contains the Boeing logo with the words "Officially Licensed Product" would indicate some agreement/license does, in fact, exist.  Of course, I'll defer to RSR/Tabs for the correct interpretation.

Would you rather tell people to "go figure out the better developer on your own" then?

You completely missed the point of my post.  I was merely highlighting the importance of precision in terminology regarding your choice of the word "authoritative" in the title.  There are literally hundreds of "best" topics across this forum and this is just another one of them.  It would really simplify things if the moderators established a series of "best of.." pinned polls at the top of the forum and folks could vote on their favorite aircraft, scenery, add-ons, hardware, etc. and have everything in one location.

It would really simplify things if the moderators established a series of "best of.." pinned polls at the top of the forum and folks could vote on their favorite aircraft, scenery, add-ons, hardware, etc. and have everything in one location.

Which is exactly what I'm hoping for. Well, perhaps not exactly, as I think it'd be better to just have people weigh in on the best three or so developers of a scenery/plane/whatever rather than a poll, but the gist of it is similar. I find it strange that there's no "best of" threads pinned to the forum and had hoped a mod could pin this, or at the very lease use it as inspiration for one that can be modded. Threads like this one, like "which AI package is best" etc could all be stopped thus. 

jetsflier, on 02 Jun 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:
BBS simulations aircraft aren't actually completed aircraft so they most certainly aren't high fidelity [at this stage in the process...]

There are other A330s and A340s available [CLS, Wilco, (PSS?)], which while they aren't the same complexity as say the Majestic Q400, they are the highest fidelity in comparison to the other aircraft mentioned.

How good are Wilco and CLS' offerings of the A330/A340? I'd love to have both in my hangar, my hangar seems to be very Boeing-dominated at the moment... 

Well, I use the CLS one and it is excellent in performance but it isn't the easiest at hand flying. The exterior model is absolutely wonderful. From what I've heard, Wilco has a sucky exterior model but excellent dynamics, so it's your decision on what you prefer in an aircraft.

I find it strange that members of this community would tell me to be careful for an obvious tongue in cheek remark. It speaks volumes about some members' ability to discuss our hobby in a mature manner.

That being said, the "best" is highly subjective. I've researched a particular wide body aircraft that I'm interested in. From what i can gather it's not complete and still has bugs. However, there is a segment of AVSIM's population who say that the bugs come from users NOT knowing how to install the plane. If I'm using this very LUCKY plane, and I have no issues, then it becomes a "must have" for those that like wide body, modern aircraft, IN MY OPINION. If I then recommend this plane, why does my opinion become invalid. It's MY opinion... (And yes I have detailed my own experiences with CS that I'd rather not mention as well)

I like the intent of the thread, but perhaps a poll might have been better?

As for stickying the post, would that then imply that the AVSIM mods condone its' contents? I'm not a forum mod, or lawyer or whatever, but not sure if stickying would be the thing to do in this instance.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I find it strange that members of this community would tell me to be careful for an obvious tongue in cheek remark. It speaks volumes about some members' ability to discuss our hobby in a mature manner.

That being said, the "best" is highly subjective. I've researched a particular wide body aircraft that I'm interested in. From what i can gather it's not complete and still has bugs. However, there is a segment of AVSIM's population who say that the bugs come from users NOT knowing how to install the plane. If I'm using this very LUCKY plane, and I have no issues, then it becomes a "must have" for those that like wide body, modern aircraft, IN MY OPINION. If I then recommend this plane, why does my opinion become invalid. It's MY opinion... (And yes I have detailed my own experiences with CS that I'd rather not mention as well)

I like the intent of the thread, but perhaps a poll might have been better?

As for stickying the post, would that then imply that the AVSIM mods condone its' contents? I'm not a forum mod, or lawyer or whatever, but not sure if stickying would be the thing to do in this instance.

I would agree, we don't need people who have varying standards for what they want viewing this and thinking that since a moderator stickied it, it must be right or similar. This thread isn't going to work when you use such a subjective term "best."

How about you just take a poll of the aircraft that are mentioned on this thread! Make sure the guys that vote on  the aircraft are verified users, not just someone riding of opinion of another. That way the ratings would be somewhat accurate. The votes should bare the standard of what you are trying to accomplish here in this thread.

That PMDG publishes and sells under its logo documents which are clearly marked "Boeing Proprietary" and the NGX Product page contains the Boeing logo with the words "Officially Licensed Product" would indicate some agreement/license does, in fact, exist.  Of course, I'll defer to RSR/Tabs for the correct interpretation.

I think PMDG had to put down some money for that licensing deal. IIRC the reason why the NGX PDF manuals have no bookmarks is because those would have been much more expensive to license.

But I don't think this license is "exclusive", since there are other developers out there with officially licensed Boeing addons (e.g. the Ramzess T7 for X-Plane).

"Officially Licensed Product"

From what I know every (commercial) product that has the Boeing logo on it has to be an "Officially Licensed Product", so technically the Abacus 787 is officially licensed, too (and IIRC that's what the box says)!

It's got nothing to do with the company being satisfied with the quality of the product someone else produced, but only with copyright.