Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Chimes

While flying, I will frequently get a chime or bell sounding 7 times in quick succession.

There is no warning light or alarm showing that I can see.

Any ideas what this is?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Are your packs set to auto? I think that could be your problem, although I may be wrong. Its the white-'ish' panel on the overhead on the far right, about mid level you're looking for. 

Switch L Pack and R Pack to auto, and also the isolation valve. Turn your Bleed air on also. 

Ian,

Could you be hearing the FSUIPC warning tone regarding memory issues?  Next time you hear the warning do a quick recall to ensure you don't have any persistent caution lights- take note of any warnings.  Also, scrutinize your overhead for amber lights and take note.

JW

I havn't heard anything like this in the NGX, but there's an alarm that sounds exactly 7 times in quick succession in the Q400 along with a red "master caution" light.

The Packs underpressurization alarm goes far more than 7 times. It will continually go on and on for as long as the pressurization problem exists.

That would just about be the broadest question asked. We would need more specifics as to what the variables are when this occurs. Chime or bell, usually a bell means FIRE! or SMOKE! you should see red lights flashing in the center console. Do you have failures on or off. There are just too many possible causes to your problem to even make an educated guess on what may be happening. Does this occur on every flight? What is the weather? Have you followed proper check list before embarking on a flight? Have you Read the Manual? Need more information. Cpt out.

The 737 doesn't use audio warnings unless its for fire or pressurization which is same as the takeoff config alarm (as far as I know), unlike the Airbus which has a single chime for a master caution or a continuous chime for a master warning.

Are you flying level at 10.000 feet and do you have your passenger signs switch set to "auto", perhaps?

Are you flying level at 10.000 feet and do you have your passenger signs switch set to "auto", perhaps?

didn't know  leaving the passenger  sign  to auto would trigger  the alarms, wouldn't  think so

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

didn't know  leaving the passenger  sign  to auto would trigger  the alarms, wouldn't  think so

The OP speaks of "chimes", not alarms. When flying at 10.000 feet with the switch at auto, the seat belt signs tend to switch on and off repeatedly as the plane oscillates around that altitude, triggering a chime each time it does so.

The OP speaks of "chimes", not alarms. When flying at 10.000 feet with the switch at auto, the seat belt signs tend to switch on and off repeatedly as the plane oscillates around that altitude, triggering a chime each time it does so.

ah good point   forgot  about  that ,but  the op  had stated  chimes or  bells 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Auto position of the pax signs is linked only on 3 elements: flaps, gears, oxygen.

There is no link on the altitude. This on the real, on the NGX I cannot tell you.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

When it has happened again, it seems to be connected to the FMC. The only message when this occurs is on the FMC that the input flight has ended.

As I said in the original post, there are no light or warnings showing anywhere else. I only noticed the FMC message by chance.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.