Sign in to follow this  
maxter

WARNING ABOUT FSD PRODUCTS

AN OPEN LETTER OF WARNING ABOUT FSD PRODUCTS/ TECH SUPPORT/ BLACK LISTED=================================================================I would like to share my experience with FSD INTERNATIONAL (http://www.fsd-international.com/) , of whom I have all of their products , and which I want to warn all about. I am Black Listed with them after purchasing all their products for FS2000 and FS2002.One day, after installing a new hard drive, I was having problems with the new FS2002 gMax Commander 115 TC. My password and Lic. ID to re-install it were nowhere in sight. So I got to the Internet PC and fired up an email with my question to FSD TechSupport . I got a response that made obvious I hadn't clearly explained . Once more and now with more detail, I carefully explained what was needed. FSD's reply arrived, again, it was clear that this person wasn't understanding me even though we're using the same language. After saying (or accussing me) of being "franatic", "effusive", Tim Dickens said he would help.Mainly, the matter revolves around the new and more strict requirements for downloading and installing legally purchased software. Basically, after buying and paying for it, I couln't download the re-install option because it said the key is no longer good, and I didn't have my password and Lic. ID. My Commander 115 TC gMax, which I purchased AFTER buying their FS2002 Commander 115 TC AND FS2000 Commander 115 TC was not working because of so much stuff going on now with the software, to protect against piracy.****DO NOT POST THE CONTENTS OF PRIVATE EMAIL!!!!!!!!****Other companies just send you what you need. Like Captain Sim. If you install it in another PC, they just send you another password! - Kudos to Capt.Sim !!!!Which leaves me with this question: Where do I go for TechSupport for the rest of the products from FSD that I still have in my FS2002 ???? This could happen to you.....FSD makes great addon planes, and then ask for more money if you want to upgrade to your present version Flight Sim; but then they pull the rug from under and "black-list" you anytime they want, if you ask tech questions.Best to all!Alex Yanes

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Alex:Sorry to hear about the license thing. However, are you sure there is NO justification whatsoever for the comments on the E-mail? As much as this has happened before, I doubt FSD would simply refund you because you have a problem.Cheers,[a href=http://sgair.net" target="_blank]http://sgair.net/mike/banners/daniel_small.jpg [/a]Click the Banner to visit the FFX Website.

Guest SoarPics

Also Alex... spamming your message in every forum of the site doesn't really serve your position well.

Guest danowat

Yeah, AND?.Please do not air your one sided dirty laundry in public, I for one am sick of it.How about showing us some of your e-mails to FSD?, I would get rid of you if you were aggresive and abusive.Mods, get rid of this post please, it is serving no purpose accept to boil the blood of people and get a reactionDan.

Guest A321

Here we go agian.I just purchased their Senca, I own the FSD Commander, and I did have problems with that to, but all is sorted.I dont know what to say, This subject is raised again, and it concerns the same thing, and the same company. Can all these people be wrong?I really hope this whole FSD thing gets sorted. I was very active in the last discussion about FSD, but I understand their point. However and I think it must be said, FSD are a little over zellous, and maybe its time their security system is changed. I dont know exactly what to suggest, but i think this is going to hurt everybody in the end.Well ill let you know how it goes with the senca, when I get around to installing it tonight.

Guest A321

>Yeah, AND?.>>Please do not air your one sided dirty laundry in public, I>for one am sick of it.>>How about showing us some of your e-mails to FSD?, I would get>rid of you if you were aggresive and abusive.>>Mods, get rid of this post please, it is serving no purpose>accept to boil the blood of people and get a reaction>>Dan.>Im sorry but why should this post be deleted because your sick of it?This subject has been raised too many times now. Maybe FSD are doing something wrong, maybe its the way they first respond that rubs people up the wrong way. Im not saying they do or it is FSD'd fault, but when people think they are being accused or about to get riped off, they tend to get annoyed. Lets say your pre-order of FSACOF got lost and they asked you to prove, you did pre-order, even though they may have point you still would get a little uptight.I think this proves that over zellous Security hurts everybody. This also does not Help FSD, who make amazing products, but I fear have a problem with people asking for upgrades or new keys.Having said this I bought their senca from them thismorning, and I hope all goes well. At the end of the day, I know I have bought it legaly, so I expect they accomodate my use accordingly and with in reason, not that I format every 2 days.JasonJason

Guest JDH

Don't like the thread, don't write a response. Simple solution, but not for some.

Guest danowat

>>Yeah, AND?.>>>>Please do not air your one sided dirty laundry in public, I>>for one am sick of it.>>>>How about showing us some of your e-mails to FSD?, I would>get>>rid of you if you were aggresive and abusive.>>>>Mods, get rid of this post please, it is serving no purpose>>accept to boil the blood of people and get a reaction>>>>Dan.>>>>Im sorry but why should this post be deleted because your sick>of it?>Well, I bet that I am not the only person who can't stand this sort of thread.There is no reason to post this other than to rub people up, also it is one sided.This does not help anyone, these sorts of discussions are best left between the parties involved.Dan.

Dans right....JDH, some of us are complelled to respond when we see ridiculous threads such as this one.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest danowat

So what has this thread done so far?, NOTHING, what will it do NOTHING.It is not a case of not liking the thread, believe me there are plenty of threads on here I dont like, and dont respond to.I would like to see the emails this person sent to FSD, lets get the full picture then.It is a pure example of someone throwing the toys out of their pram when they dont get their own way, Why did he spam every forum with his rubbish?.I will not comment any furtherDan.

Guest A321

>So what has this thread done so far?, NOTHING, what will it>do NOTHING.>>It is not a case of not liking the thread, believe me there>are plenty of threads on here I dont like, and dont respond>to.>>I would like to see the emails this person sent to FSD, lets>get the full picture then.>>It is a pure example of someone throwing the toys out of their>pram when they dont get their own way, Why did he spam every>forum with his rubbish?.>>I will not comment any further>>Dan.Dan I think the Thread, is not rubbish, Its a very annoyed person, I guess in one respect trying to Hurt FSD, and in another respect trying to let others know. I agree we should be shown the emails, right from beggining to end. But can we all agree that this is begining to show a trend, and maybe it should be looked into in more detail. I cant belive that everybody is accused of being a theif by FSD, but i also can't belive that FSD are totally squeaky clean. There is defenitly something very wrong here.Whats worse is, FSD have put this security into pratcise because they alledge they lose 30% of their income, yet they are having to refund people. I would like to see FSD in business, so maybe something has to be addressed.Jason

Firstly let me say I think it is unethical to include other people's email in a post especially when your emails aren't included.Having said that I would say I have had correspondence with Steve Small in the last month or so when I lost all my keys etc. following a hard drive crash towards the end of last year and was then absent from the FS world for a few months. I never had any bother at all and everything I needed was received in a couple of hours or so.I have had nothing but good service from them, have every one of their planes and will continue to support them.Bill

Guest Ken_Salter

Some points:1) You cross posted this post in several forums that have nothing to do with FSD or FS. This is a gross abuse of this forum system. I have removed all other copies.2) You posted the contents of email without approval of the sender. This is not allowed in these forums. I have removed the contents of that email.3) AVSIM is NOT the place to post complaints or other grievances you have with companies. What point does this serve?This post will be locked until further notice.To the original poster and all others: DO NOT EVER DO ITEMS 1 OR 2. That is a violation the Terms and Conditions of AVSim forums and appropriate actions have been/will be taken.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

Well said Dan,This unsubstantiated one sided garbage has no place IMO on these forums.My kids don't throw as big tantrums as some who post here.This whole anti-FSD thing is really pathetic. Unfortunately the vast majority of contented customers of FSD don't feel it important enough to support them in public, which is a bit of a shame. It just means that a vocal minority paints a picture that is far from representative of the situation.The original poster apparently didn't have the intestinal fortitude to post some of his own e-mails which would have balanced the argument and provided a modicum of credibility.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit LanKingmax 512MB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard WD 40Gig HD for dataATX 470W Pentium IV Power Supply CESkyhawk Jupiter Aluminum CaseHyundai -ImageQuest P910 , 19" Multi-Scan Digital MonitorHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby