Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Screencapture in DX10 Mode

Hey all-

I finally took the plunge with some of the DX10 tweaks.  After starting with a fresh .cfg file and running the DX10 tweaks / patch - wow!  My sim has never looked so crisp.  The 8x SGSS makes everything really nice.  My biggest issue, believe it or not, my favorite screen capture tool will only snap a blank screen when in full screen mode.  I have tried Fraps as well with the same results.  In windows mode, no problem.  Full screen = blank.

For fun, I changed only the D3D10= back to 0, and when I go to full screen mode, the resolution drops down to what appears my second monitors resolution but the full screen capture works.  If I switch back to D3D10=1, the full screen is the correct resolution of 1920x1080 but the screen capture is blank.

What is the relationship between DX10, full screen mode and multiple screens.  I can't figure this out.

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

I don't know what's happening with your system, Benjamin, but the default "V" key works just fine. Here's a good number of shots, and you can press V as fast as you wish. Fraps works without issue, too, whether FS or windowed down, as here, to 1280 x 900.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yeah, V works fine.  There is something between my two monitors that just aren't transitioning the same between full screen / full window.

Has worked fine for the past couple of years but my fresh start with the .cfg changed something.  I will track it down!

Thanks - loving the DX10

Benjamin Van Eps

Try a little addon program called Pseudo Full Screen which is available throught the AVSIM library. I use a second monitor with FSCommander and REX up during flights. Just press the Win+F11 and Full Screen looks exactly like Alt+Enter -- without blanking the second monitor. I haven't used Alt+Enter since.

I've posted a feww screen shots in my Gallery using DX10 and new, supported addons from REX, Carenado and MegaSceneryEarth. Awesome graphics and a steady 25-30 fps. Life is good.

Thanks - I will check it out just for the heck of it.

I upgraded my Fraps client and all returned to normal.  It captures the full screen no problem now.  Something with the DX10 was causing my PicPick to not capture anything but a blank screen.  Back to Fraps now and it's fine.

Yeah on the DX10.  I did a full flight last night in Orbx region with PA46t and it was flawless.  No blips, missing textures, white planes or anything.  With Sparse Grid SS at 8x, everything is so crisp and clear like it has never been before.  FPS locked at 35 (also with 1/2 vsync) and everything bumped along at at solid 29~35 FPS during the whole flight.   At this point, I don't see any reason to return to DX9.

What are you using for water textures?  I returned to default FSX water so there wasn't a shimmer / wobble in the land reflections but I need to do some more experimentation.

Benjamin.

Benjamin Van Eps

I use the REX Essential+OD HD water textures at 2048x2048 for photo ops and at 1024x1024 for regular simming. Once I get the fix for my FSDreamteam airports it'll be DX10 forever.

Brian is that a Baron in your signature -- nice ride!