Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

When to use fuel pump

Reading the normal checklist it appears that you use the fuel pump only before starting the engine and only the HI fuel pump.

Is that correct ?

Is there any other part of the flight when you have to use fuel pump for this particular aircraft ? (it's an high wing so I guess gravity does the job and there is no need to engage the fuel pump before take off and landing as usual but I 'm not sure)

Do you ever use the LOW fuel pump ? (I guess if it exist they must have some kind of purpose)

The owners manual states that you can use the LO setting for vapor suppression, while the HI setting can be used for vapor elemination.

LO can be used for starts, but HI should be used.

Beware that the second switch (labeled F LO) and third switch (R HI) is swapped: The left two switches are F and R HI, the right two switches would be F and R LO (which I think are not implemented). The tooltips are correct.

For the fuel pump switch it as been corected I think.

I read this in this forum, too, but I bought the plane from fspilotshop and the download shows "File Last Updated: Friday, 16th September, 2011 @ 12:26am" (which does not have this corrected).

I wrote to Carenado support and they replied:

"The installer that resellers have should have all the necessary patches we released. If we release a patch or service pack after it has reached the resellers, we will release a public patch. That is why our patches are available to all our customers who buy directly from us or from a reseller."

Can you check if switch labels match the tooltips in your C337?

If they are correct, can you check the size of FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado Skymaster 337/model.1P/sky337_interior.MDL? (12489333 bytes for me)

Maybe you can produce a checksum (e.g. sha1, md5 or whatever).

Beware that the second switch (labeled F LO) and third switch (R HI) is swapped: The left two switches are F and R HI, the right two switches would be F and R LO (which I think are not implemented). The tooltips are correct.

The correction for this is in a patch (Labeled "Fuel pumps issue") available on your account on Carenado's website - but not on the public "Updates" section.  It is separate from the service packs. 

I don't know how you get such things if you've purchased from someone other than Carenado, however.  If it's not in the current shipping product at other sites, I'd reference this specific fix and the patch that's available to Carenado's direct customers with this title when you talk to support.

Scott

Hello Thomas,

I confirm the fuel pump are correct on my version.

I indeed apply the fuel pump fix available from the Carenado "my account" support.

Honestly I'm not sure I have had to apply the various SP and fix as I bought the airplane just recently and I believe that the original version I download was the last one, but I didn't check before applying the fix.

Same problem here, I also got the version from fspilotshop, from 16 sept 2011, without the correction and I just checked, there's no patch available.

Where can the patch be found for people who bought this package?

Cheers!

Maarten

After another support request Carenado added the C337H to my account at Carenado (I provided them with details about my purchase from fspilotshop), so I could download the service pack.

The version from Carenado even has some more bug fixes, e.g. the fuel gauge now returns to zero if the battery switch is turned off.

The fuel pump switches are correct now, only the tool tip of the LO switches reads HI, but this can easily be changed with an editor preserving binary content:

sky337_interior.MDL (in model.1P and model.2P):

Switch Fuel pump Hi Front -> Switch Fuel Pump LO Front

Switch Fuel Pump Hi Rear -> Switch Fuel Pump LO Rear

With this solved, I'm even happier with this nice plane!

I downloaded the plane from Carenado's site earlier this month, is their version fully patched as purchased, or do I still need to download these patches to bring it up to date?

I also have the 2011 version from FSS, so I contacted Carenado and explained what I read here.

What I got back was quite puzzling, considering what you guys tell. Carenado told me that no patch called 'Fuel pump issue' is ever made and there's no such thing available for anyone.

They are aware of the problem, a fix will be made, but they couldn't tell me when and they couldn't tell me about any fix that would solve this problem that is available at this time.

If there is indeed a fix available, Carenado is not aware of this. What exactly did you guys download where? I would love to know so I can fix this problem.

Cheers!

Maarten

If there is indeed a fix available, Carenado is not aware of this.

Whoever responded may not be, but Carenado certainly is.  Here's a screenshot of my updates page at Carenado.  Note the third entry under the 337.  That is the specific fix for this issue:

Scott

Edit: I removed the screenshot as I realized it may violate Avsim's copyright rules.  But the third entry under the 337 lists "C337H - Fuel Pumps Issue", and was the piece I DL'ed from Carenado which fixes this issue.  It's still there as anyone who bought the 337 directly from Carenado can attest.

S

Edited by tttocs

Ok, thanks Scott, I'll ask at Carenado again.

I read that someone got the C337 on his account at Carenado's, while he bought it from FSS, so I'll ask if they can do the same for me. Maybe that helps.

Cheers!

Maarten

I read that someone got the C337 on his account at Carenado's, while he bought it from FSS, so I'll ask if they can do the same for me. Maybe that helps.

In case you are referring to me: I did not buy it from FSS, but from fspilotshop.