Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

No More FMC, it's time to go back

yesterday I bought the McPhat Coolsky DC-9 ( :O WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX and the FJS 727 for Xplane 10.  Time to learn VOR to VOR Navigation :lol:  for the next few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWkKvBFkzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pHb9-1FRU

http://www.coolsky.no/index.php/dc-9-classic/reviews/346-dc-9-classic-review-avsim

Good luck withe the basics!

I got the FJS727 and like it a lot. Let us know your experience with the DC-9, I am about to get that one too.

I got the FJS727 and like it a lot. Let us know your experience with the DC-9, I am about to get that one too.

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. :(  The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc.  There is just too many amazing things to mention.  Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review.  I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10.  Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right. 

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc. There is just too many amazing things to mention. Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review. I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10. Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right.

I can't take it anymore. I need the dc-9

I've been putting off purchases be abuse I know when I buy something something else will get released

But I've wanted the dc9 for awhile do I won't wait for a sale anymore

Lee

I have to admit the Coolsky DC-9 just blew away all my xplane 10 payware. :(  The built-in FS Crew style tutorials, the systems simulation, etc. etc.  There is just too many amazing things to mention.  Watch YouTube videos and read the Avsim review.  I am in shock and hope 1 day we can see this level of realism in XP10.  Some reviews claim its even better than the NGX, I think they're right. 

I've seen those Youtube videos. I am still not sure if it is better than Maddog...

I wish we seen this kind of payware in XP10 one day as well.

Flight1 has a great 30 day refund policy which you will not use :lol:  The manual on this payware is over 500pages :O

They had the CIVA-like INS systems :-)

The last add-on I had for P3D was A2A's B377 - that really was a VOR to VOR / NDB / Map / Celestial navigation machine :-)

For X-Plane you have the An-24, just released in 64 bit version :-) It's a detailled (as much as ti can be) simulation of the real thing! Didn't buy it, but I have the IL-14 (same author...)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have been waiting for the DC-9 to go on sale, and I just KNOW that when I buy it, it will go on sale soon after

lee

VOR navigation? FS98 and earlier retro style...

I like it. Don't own that DC9, but the FJS 727 is a pleasure to fly. It's my airliner with the most "autopilot off" flying time. I like to switch ap off when I start descend and follow the flight director down to the runway.

On the many jumpseat flights I made, mainly on Airbuses, final approach was mainfly flown AP and ATHR off ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The FJS 727 is my all time favorite classic jet of any sim. Very challenging always.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

The FJS 727 is definitely an amazing aircraft and I love to fly it as well. I've been following them on their Facebook for some time now and some of the subtle hints from them seem to keep hinting at their next release to stay in the same genre and type as the 727 and hopefully that could only mean a DC-9.. Heres to hoping that will be true! A DC-9 from them would be great. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Ill add my thumbs up for the FJS 727.  My favorite airliner in any sim so far.

Im not a big fan of glass cockpits.

Rob

McPhat Coolsky DC-9 (  WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX

FIVE,

Are you using FSX or P3D?  Just curious.  I got rid of FSX and the DC-9 is not for P3D.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

McPhat Coolsky DC-9 ( WOW! what a STUDY SIM) for FSX

FIVE,

Are you using FSX or P3D? Just curious. I got rid of FSX and the DC-9 is not for P3D.

Thanks

I asked the dev if it worked in p3d and they didn't know.

Do you? Does it work, Five?