Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

No More FMC, it's time to go back

FSX only, I didn't install it in P3D yet.    This Plane is (like my kid says)  "Sickkkk!" :lol:  I have been busy studying the manual and in-sim voice training tutorials.

Cool yeah I'm going to get it.

If you decide to install in P3d let us know how it goes

Lee

On a related point, are there any good tutorials or videos for VOR and DME noobs...?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You will be rewarded with a sense of accomplishment when your done. I am a real life C750 pilot and I love this old plane. Basics help us to understand what it is about. Go to your local airport and see if they have some old charts you can pick up for little of nothing, they can be out of date. They don't change that much anyway. Get an E6B and you will have a blast learning to work one. Or just download one for your phone it will help you with the calculations and you can even learn to fly a sid and star by hand with time and distance. Good luck. Cpt out.

The FJS 727 is definitely an amazing aircraft and I love to fly it as well. I've been following them on their Facebook for some time now and some of the subtle hints from them seem to keep hinting at their next release to stay in the same genre and type as the 727 and hopefully that could only mean a DC-9.. Heres to hoping that will be true! A DC-9 from them would be great.

A DC9 would be cool. Too bad the real ones are coke cans now.

On the many jumpseat flights I made, mainly on Airbuses, final approach was mainfly flown AP and ATHR off ....

They do not want to give away the good stuff.

The DC-9 and Boeing 727 are classic planes,  gotta use ear plugs as that old breast is noisy.  VOR and DME navigtion the good ole days.  FMC almost think I am using a microwave to cook something. 

Old Style Navigation is soooo much fun!  In control of the whole Plane, being awake for the whole route and keeping track of the flight is awesome.  I can't believe I did so much FMS/AUTO flights in the past.....This is fun!  The FJS 727 and Coolsky DC-9 are great but the Coolsky DC-9 wins this purchase by a mile :lol:   Just the built-in co-pilot voice tutorial and real-time monitoring of systems with schematic diagrams that show fuel flowing inside the plane and other stuff beats the PMDG and everything else out there...AVSIM was right to AWARD THIS PAYWARE With a GOLD STAR AWARD.  I added the TSS Sound Pack, McPhat 4096k Liveries and the McPhat 4096k Cockpit Textures and this has brought FSX to a whole new level of realism ahead of xp10 :ph34r:  :lol:   We need this kind of support in xp10 soon, especially with 64bit power behind it.

a quote from the Avsim Review: "By far, this is one of the very few aircraft available for FS that actually FEELS like an airplane. The characteristics of the model are utterly amazing and it reminded me so much of what it was like flying a real airline by hand."

Why can't xp10 developers create high tech built-in tutorials?  xp10 is now 64bit.  How can fsx get these high tech addons in their 32bit code and xp10 can't yet?

XP10 needs time...just that.

There are things in XP10 no MacPath can provide you with, like some weather effects, details that you can put into the aircraft / helo / ... model that could never be modelled in MSFS, etc...

Uh? Whazzup ?????? I'm feeling strange ?!?!?!?!?.....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Old Style Navigation is soooo much fun!  In control of the whole Plane, being awake for the whole route and keeping track of the flight is awesome.  I can't believe I did so much FMS/AUTO flights in the past.....This is fun! 

That's the reason, why I'm flying most of the time "by hand" (after flying for quite some time "automatically" during my MSFS times). Would you like do let your car driving you to ... wherever? :lol: Driving (or flying) by oneself is the fun.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Would you like do let your car driving you to ... wherever?

maybe in 50 years :lol:

Just "arrived LPPT" :P after an emergency on a night LPPT-EDDF flight. Around the city of Abrantes, two of my engines (a380) flamed out. Had to return, and hand flew this remarkable airplane, and X-Plane10 model, from ESP VOR to rw 03.

I LOVE this A380, either flown automaticaly or by hand :biggrin:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just "arrived LPPT" :P after an emergency on a night LPPT-EDDF flight. Around the city of Abrantes, two of my engines (a380) flamed out. Had to return, and hand flew this remarkable airplane, and X-Plane10 model, from ESP VOR to rw 03.

I LOVE this A380, either flown automaticaly or by hand :biggrin:

it is nice!  can you imagine if Peter's Aircraft merge with Ramzzess or PMDG :O  :lol:

Yes, and in some way this A380 is already a merge of Ramzess, Peter and Torsten's work.  It's an amazing creation, even though it may look basic in some aspects.

For me the flight dynamics are a true must, and this aircraft responds so plausibly that I already consider it as the best simulation of an Airbus I ever tried. I wans't able to use the QPAC A320 (the panel looks weird when the aircraft  loads ?), but it is referred as yet another excellent simulation of the modern Airbus  family.

I am also tempted to try the 727 and the Q400... Felis is yet another remarkable add-on designer, and of course we are all waiting for the LES Saab and Citation :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

XP10 needs time...just that.

There are things in XP10 no MacPath can provide you with, like some weather effects, details that you can put into the aircraft / helo / ... model

that could never be modelled in MSFS, etc...

Uh? Whazzup ?????? I'm feeling strange ?!?!?!?!?.....

Like massive amounts of "torque roll", to keep the pilot challenged..:)

JComm ...... See my little commnent at the other forum, just in case you try out some of those planes you mentioned. Just curious about the trim.

Like massive amounts of "torque roll", to keep the pilot challenged..:)

JComm ...... See my little commnent at the other forum, just in case you try out some of those planes you mentioned. Just curious about the trim.

I saw it Larry :-)  Yes, that's indeed a problem, but I have a theory ... Just didn't yet found the time to write it down in one of the forums ;-) It is probably in the line of what TomK promissed as a justification for the torque roll on X-Plane's FDM, as I believe I have read somewhere (?)

While the solution isn't different, I am happily editing my preferred prop aircraft to get the torque roll off, or at least lessen it a lot :-)

Main Simulation Rig: