Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

World detail distance

Been tweaking xpx 64 and always kept world detail distance at max.....until now. WOW what a difference in performance. Its like changing this one setting enables me to max just about every other setting.

What are you all using, and what represents the closest comparison to what one sees in FSX?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I have mine set at "Very High"...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have mine set at "Very High"...

I read somewhere that the difference between very high and one step lower is hardly noticeable but can yield almost 10 fps more. Any experience with this?

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I'll test and report back...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Confirmed, on my system - i5 2500 @ 3,3 GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM and Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5, I gain around 10 fps by decreasing from Very High to High only.

Main Simulation Rig:

Confirmed, on my system - i5 2500 @ 3,3 GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM and Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5, I gain around 10 fps by decreasing from Very High to High only.

Nice! Thanks for testing. Its pool day with my kids so my pc is inaccessible. Lol

I'm looking for every bit of FPS I can get. At 2560x1600 things go downhill fast. Thinking of getting a 40" hdtv and using that for XPX.

Ark

Interesting, I haven't played much with that setting yet, just kept it on max. One setting I have noticed makes a huge difference on frames is in-game AA. At simple FXAA I can keep all the other settings at max or near max and get 30FPS in most places. Moving it up a notch usually causes a hit of about 5 FPS per notch.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

At simple FXAA I can keep all the other settings at max or near max and get 30FPS in most places.

I assume your using an Nvidia card then because FXAA on my ATI looks terrible and full of jaggies.

I assume your using an Nvidia card then because FXAA on my ATI looks terrible and full of jaggies.

Yes but I'm cranking up the AA in the Nvidia Control Panel to compensate. It's ok but TBH the autogen is still a bit shimmery so I'll try playing with the work detail setting later to see if I can bump up the ingame AA a bit.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

After a lot of experimentation I ended up with application-controlled settings for everything in Nvidia Inspector. I set all through X-Plane10's Rendering Options and get better performance this way.

Main Simulation Rig:

er a lot of experimentation I ended up with application-controlled settings for everything in Nvidia Inspector

I found this too with ATI's Catalyst tool. Maybe it's an OpenGL thing but application controlled seems better for FPS (I read that somewhere else before as well).

World Distance:

Only Medium and I'm used to it. This has been a FPS killer since ages, nothing new with version 10.