Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

FANCON 2014 Host City Nominations!

If we do a FANCON 2014 next year, where do you think it should be held?

Okay, some caveats and rules...

Nominated cities must be in the U.S. continental 48 states or in Canada. Major cities only.

Only one nomination per city please - check nominations before you submit yours. Multiple nominations will be discarded.

You can only submit one nomination. Multiples from the same person will be discarded.

All nominations will be put to a vote upon closing of the nominations.

Nominations will close on July 10th, 2013.

This is a serious endeavor folks. If you are not serious about the location or attending, please do not bother to participate.

Okay, we are now open for city nominations for the 2014 FANCON. Tell us where you think we should hold it, if we do a FANCON next year.

Indianapolis would make a great host location.

Chris Sunseri

Atlanta, GA.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Jersey City/Hoboken NJ

Overlooks NYC, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty

Really nice hotels available

Much Cheaper than NYC

Numerous airport options

Easy water ferry to USS Intrepid

9/11 memorial

I also believe there are some GA sims around Teterboro, possibly arrange something there as well as flight tours of the NYC area...

That is my vote.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Dulles, Udvar Hazy Center, Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum, D.C., perfect place.

Las Vegas

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

KSLC - Beautiful location, Delta hub, cheap prices. Definitely want to make the trip up to KHIF - they've got an awesome aerospace museum.

Nominated cities must be in the U.S. continental 48 states or in Canada. Major cities only.

Closest city for me is Anchorage and next would be Vancouver.

So Anchorage is my vote.

I have yet to attend one of these events due to distances, but if it's going to be any it'll be one of those two.

You should consider dropping the US/Canada requirement, but I can understand the logistical necessity of staying in North America if you have to move lots of equipment around.

Bangkok would be a great place... I'm sure all the guys would love it... the wives... maybe not so much...

Vancouver has my vote.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Denver, CO

Middle of the country, easily accessible for reasonable airfare.  (Colorado Springs airport also a viable option to fly into and drive an hour).  Wings Over the Rockies Museum, plane spotting at Centennial or Rocky Mountain Metro Airport, downtown has its own slew of attractions, etc.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM