Sign in to follow this  
EasyE

Possible to change number 2 key command?

As the title suggests, is there something to be done about the number 2 in the radar contact menu? The reason is this....to open secondary doors and/or cargo doors on quite a few aircraft the key presses involved are shift + e, release, then push #2. This of course initiates the activation of menu item #2 in the RC menu. Also, in certain aircraft (Feelthere/Wilco Evolution Vol. 2) it seems RC is "grabbing" the #2 command. What happens is you can get the cargo doors open for loading but further into the preflight when time for GSX pushback the cargo door will not close. I've googled till my eyes are about to fall out, I've posted on numerous forums and studied the FSX.cfg in an attempt to change the command needed for the secondary doors. You can change the shift + e to anything you want but it HAS to be followed by the number 2. Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for a fantastic product.

As the title suggests, is there something to be done about the number 2 in the radar contact menu? The reason is this....to open secondary doors and/or cargo doors on quite a few aircraft the key presses involved are shift + e, release, then push #2. This of course initiates the activation of menu item #2 in the RC menu. Also, in certain aircraft (Feelthere/Wilco Evolution Vol. 2) it seems RC is "grabbing" the #2 command. What happens is you can get the cargo doors open for loading but further into the preflight when time for GSX pushback the cargo door will not close. I've googled till my eyes are about to fall out, I've posted on numerous forums and studied the FSX.cfg in an attempt to change the command needed for the secondary doors. You can change the shift + e to anything you want but it HAS to be followed by the number 2. Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for a fantastic product.

Hi.

I think it may be possible to re-map key commands in FSUIPC. There's also a facility in the RC control panel for altering RC-specific key commands. I'm still at work so I can't recall if either will allow the use of a different keystroke for selecting RC menu items.

You may find it easier to allocate a different second key to the FS command - mine are now changed from Shift+E, 1 (or 2, 3 or 4) and are set as Shift+E, Q (or R, U or A).

I'm not sure aboult the Wilco/Feelther aircraft though since some, but not all, applications distinguish between a number-pad digit and a typewriter digit you might be able to work around the problem by using Q, R, U and A for the FS part, typewriter digits for RC and number-pad digits for Wilco/Feelthere. Maybe the W/F will also respond to the altered FS allocation. Complicated, but it might work...

Cheers,

D

Thanks for the reply. I cannot believe I didn't think about the keyboard settings in RC. Changed the commands for #1,2,3,4 and 5 and so far it appears to have worked. I can now open and close the cargo doors on the Wilco/Feelthere with RC running or not. Incidentally though, in case I have an issue in the future with something, just exactly HOW did you change the default FSX door commands? (i.e. shift+e+1, etc.) For the life of me I can't figure it out nor find anything on the web. Thanks for your help.

Hi Eric.

I'm not sure about FSX but I guess it has the same menu structure as my FS9. Alt+O, C, A (Options, Controls, Assignments) brings up a list of the current key commands that has a button for deleting or changing an assignment.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey Dave. Yeah I know how to change the commands but FSX only let's me change the "shift +E". It doesn't allow me to change the corresponding number. (i.e. 2, 3 or 4). The only door command in the menu I can change is the main door command. Thanks anyway though. Took a flight last night and all seemed to work well.