Sign in to follow this  
blahey1940mus

737-200 Real Full Motion SIm to FSX

All

I don't know what forum to put this in since this is something totally new. I work with the 1940 Air Terminal museum in Houston, TX and by luck, we have in our possession a former Southwest Airlines 737-200 full motion simulator. She's a big girl, she has a full cockpit, but we cannot use the original sim software due to FAA limitations (and power requirements). We want to open this up and possibly convert her to FSX. I don't think this has ever been done, but since she was a sim once, we could possibly use her inputs and controls to interface with FSX. This would be a great addition to our museum. Technically, I know I can get the multi display working since I have that at home. I opened a few of her panels up and she has simulator instrument with leads out of them and they could possibly be connected to FSX. Has anyone done this and is there anyone who would want to try to do this?

BTW we can't make the full motion work. FAA requirements.

That is truly an awesome project. Depending on the interfaces I would think that you may find help from some of these guys that have done just that. The Ifly series has a home cockpit version. But they don't offer a 200. Captain Sim has a 200 but I am unsure how you would make all the switch and controls interface with a pc. Where there is a will there is a way. We have many talented and gifted individuals in this hobby so I wish you the best of luck. The Cockpit builders will probably be your best bet because those guys keep up with what you trying to do. I would have an lawyer look into the legality of every aspect, if it is for amusement the law may have some leeway. Call the local FISDO office and see if they could shed a little light on it for you. It isn't going to be used for training purposes and it sounds almost like the one flight safety uses. I would really enjoy seeing pictures and or a you tube when you are done. Good luck. Cpt out.

V1 avionics.

A kickstarter project.

Their board interfaces with real cockpit parts for use in fsx or xplane.

Prosim737 for avionics; perhaps you can adapt it for use on the 200.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Might want to contact the guys over at Milviz to see if they can help you out. They are working on what should be a much more realistic -200 compared to the Capt. Sim one.

Daniel Miller