Sign in to follow this  
Dr Vesuvius

Copilot just won't keep quiet! (semi-bug report)

Hi Gerald

I just wanted to flag up some glitchy behaviour I experienced this weekend when I used MCE for the first time in a long while.  Especially since it happened while recording a video for my YouTube channel.  Hopefully you may remember that I was, and still am, a massive MCE fan and if you watch the video I hope you'll agree I was still overall very positive about MCE.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409948-lets-fly-new-video-rhodes-pleasure-flight/

(And I'm aware that my setup for recording wasn't ideal for speech recogntion and that between the "dickishere" config option and some better mic discipline I should be able to avoid these problems, but what I saw does look like a bit of an underlying logic error somewhere that you might want to look at.)

The setup - light GA aircraft (C152) with all features except Talk to ATC controllers turned OFF.  So basically I was using MCE purely for ATC, with no copilot, mechanic or app control.  I'm using a headset mic for speech recognition, and a boom mic connected to a second PC for commentary recording (i.e. completely seperate from the FS PC, so can be ignored for the sake of this problem)

Because I was talking for the commentary and had the headset mic open, MCE kept trying to interpret what I was saying as instructions, even when I didn't have the ATC PTT button pressed.  This wasn't a problem, until I mentioned anything that MCE interpreted as a reference to the ground mechanic.  At which point the copilot pipes up with something to the effect that I hadn't contacted the ground mechanic yet, even though the copilot feature had been turned off.

I tried the "stop nagging me" command to shut him up, but presumably since the copilot was turned off, that phrase had no effect.

Like I said, I know I can stop this from happening by remembering to mute & unmute the mic, and if that doesn't work hopefully dickishere will do the job.  But I thought you might want to know that particular response seemed to be ignoring the crew co-ordination tickbox.

Like I said, still a big fan of MCE, and further down the line in the video series I definitely want to show off a bit more of what MCE can do.

All the best

Chris Johnston

AKA Dr Vesuvius

At which point the copilot pipes up with something to the effect that I hadn't contacted the ground mechanic yet, even though the copilot feature had been turned off.

OK, thanks for reporting this.

Will be sorted in next update.

Smashing.  If there's anything I can do to help with testing or reproducing the problem, let me know.

Smashing.  If there's anything I can do to help with testing or reproducing the problem, let me know.

Roger Wilco.

Shouldn't take more than a few days.