Sign in to follow this  
Selkan

Bleeping Mouse Arrow

Not sure where to write this one, as it is not FSX directly related. In my home built 737-800 I have a small screen (4" X 4") set into my overhead panel. I use this to run ProjectMagenta 'QuickMap'running

off one of my Client PC's (using XP Home/Wideclient etc)

My problem is once the program starts up and links to FSX, I still have a mouse and hour glass in center of screen flashing quickly from one to the other.

These items are of course very small, but what ever I try in Control Panel/mouse, I can't get it to stop. I don't think this is a software issue, but something in the P.C. causing the problem. Just wondered if anyone might have an idea how to stop this?

Thanks

I still have a mouse and hour glass in center of screen flashing quickly from one to the other.

This indicates a program is trying to load and is still working.  So you need to find out what program in the background is trying to load.  You might look in your Event Viewer and see if there is any entry indicating a program cannot load.  If could of course be a Microsoft Service running too or another application like an anti-virus program looking for an update to their software.  I would terminate all of your Startup Programs by click on the Run command and typing msconfig.  Once open, click on Startup and disable all of the programs.  Restart Windows.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, many thanks for response; most informative. Will explore what you suggest.