Sign in to follow this  
ja99

Editvoice Pack Updates

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,it now works as EL AL,if anyone needs the call sign may i upload?

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,may i upload?

Did you check whether it worked beforehand? EL AL is a default FS2004 callsign so you shouldn't need to create it.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

John, the link to your site for EVP updates only allows those with permission to access - though the main site is OK and you can access through that.

There is a thread about a call sign request in the AIG forums which needs the last update for FS9. i have a copy backed up but in view of copyright issues don't want to pass on as Lars seems to be getting touchy about the old FS9 releases. Did you ever get anywhere with uploading this?

I am looking for an FS9 version of AnadoluJet as well

John

John, the link to your site for EVP updates only allows those with permission to access - though the main site is OK and you can access through that.

There is a thread about a call sign request in the AIG forums which needs the last update for FS9. i have a copy backed up but in view of copyright issues don't want to pass on as Lars seems to be getting touchy about the old FS9 releases. Did you ever get anywhere with uploading this?

I am looking for an FS9 version of AnadoluJet as well

John

Sorry about that, I had to change things a little given the huge number of files.

Please use http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/files/index.php to access the files.

The AIG people should find all of the official FS9 updates there.

John

PS - You will find Anadolujet there.

PS - You will find Anadolujet there.

Thnx for the reply. Which of the airline packs is Anadolujet in? Couldn't see any reference when I searched earlier.

John

Edit: got it thnx so much been searching all over the place

It`s in 'files' scroll down to 'airlines' you will find it and many others there! :rolleyes:

John - as so many times before, THANK YOU for the way you contribute to our hobby in so many ways

Hi all :lol: , here`s a thought seeing some FSX can be altered to suit FS9 is it possible to integrate Editvoicepack 31 with Editvoicepack X40 to get a wider range of controllers?

Wouldn`t that be grand!  :rolleyes:

And that`s the end of that it seems! :wub:

To be honest, I think the answer is no.

Being a luddite I know nothing about FSX or Editvoicepack X40 but FS9 is limited to the number of voices by Flight Simulator itself. There are add-ons available that offer wider ranges of voices but these do not interact directly with FS but work rather as an overlay linked through FSUIPC( with the volume turned down to zero on the default voices). There are a number of complications or disadvantages with doing so, but this is the only way to have more than the standard number of voices.

If somebody was able to modify the core FS files that do the job it would be possible, but then you would need to provide a complete range of standard words for the new voices, and then modify all the mods to use the additional voices too. So to say it can't be done may not be true but it would be a monstrous task and I really can't see this being done for what is essentially an obsolete product however much we love it.

Best wishes,

John

Thanks for the reply John i suppose we have to put up with "All America" very thoughtless of microsoft to exclude the rest of the world!

Thanks for the reply John i suppose we have to put up with "All America" very thoughtless of microsoft to exclude the rest of the world!

Ha ha! I have heard of alternatives that have been made - I believe an all-Spanish set exists but that won't help you!

The trouble is that we would never be happy - stick a couple of English accents in there and then we would complain about an American Airlines flight with a British pilot and British Airways flown by a US citizen. One of the third-party products I mentioned earlier goes some distance towards that by relating world-wide accents with aircraft reg numbers or perhaps the callsign (I can't remember which, now) but it is a very old product and lacks a huge number of callsigns for current activities (which are difficult to add) despite originally having a very broad selection. Although still marketed, there has been no development of the two I know of for many years, although they are (I believe) also compatible with FSX.

I tried both for a while but their complication of use and occasional odd behaviour outweighed the benefits for me and I dropped back to the default system plus EVP.

John