Sign in to follow this  
Rodrup

FSX - scenery add-ons problem

Hi ,
  I have reinstalled my fsx 4 times and the problem is same , it just happen in my add-on sceneries

the aiports melts with the defualt

watch this pic i  took in paro airport

http://im37.gulfup.com/1IyLh.png

( if this is not right place to write the questions , please move it to anther place because i cant find the right place )

Do you have the add-on scenery above the default scenery in the scenery library?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Simconnect Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Have you checked your addon mesh is installed in the correct way? Correct placing in scenery library, for example?

EDIT: Sometimes default mesh bgl files need to be updated or deleted, too.

Edited by olli4740

Have you checked your addon mesh is installed in the correct way? Correct placing in scenery library, for example?

EDIT: Sometimes default mesh bgl files need to be updated or deleted, too.

i have reinstalled all my add-ons more than twice and its same , how do i know what to delete , didnt understand you

You installed some additional mesh (probably for your Paro airport). Is there any text file or instructions to it? I'm just wondering whether you need to place additional files into your default scenery folder or whether you maybe have to delete some of those there.

What do the Himalayas mesh instructions say? Have you followed them completely?

You installed some additional mesh (probably for your Paro airport). Is there any text file or instructions to it? I'm just wondering whether you need to place additional files into your default scenery folder or whether you maybe have to delete some of those there.

What do the Himalayas mesh instructions say? Have you followed them completely?

This is the reedme that came with it

http://www.gulfup.com/?v9hZGk

It looks like you have multiple scenery files for the same airport.  Go to your main FSX folder.  Search for "PARO", or any other airport that you're having trouble with.  Take a look at the results.  Disable any .bgl that is NOT in the add-on folder for that particular scenery.  For instance, add-ons like Ultimate Terrain and traffic add-ons will add scenery files for airports which may interfere with other add-ons.  Deactivate these extra .bgl's and things should clear up.

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

It looks like you have multiple scenery files for the same airport.  Go to your main FSX folder.  Search for "PARO", or any other airport that you're having trouble with.  Take a look at the results.  Disable any .bgl that is NOT in the add-on folder for that particular scenery.  For instance, add-ons like Ultimate Terrain and traffic add-ons will add scenery files for airports which may interfere with other add-ons.  Deactivate these extra .bgl's and things should clear up.

i looked there , there is no any bgl that is not in the add-on folder ..

should i remove and add the scenery again to the scenery  library . ?

Use this http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/  It tells you if something is not ok, and you can fix it using this tool.

You should have instructions for all addon sceneries, it comes with them or in developers forums. You must read and apply that. Some sceneries requre that scenery library must be above airports, some below, some different libraries must be in particular order etc 

It's supposed to be read from right to left, is that correct?   ^_^

Sorry ...   :blush:

its in arabic =D just click on  "اضغط هنا لتنزيل الملف "

Use this http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/  It tells you if something is not ok, and you can fix it using this tool.

You should have instructions for all addon sceneries, it comes with them or in developers forums. You must read and apply that. Some sceneries requre that scenery library must be above airports, some below, some different libraries must be in particular order etc 

oki downloading that , how can i use it ? in easy way =D 

its in arabic =D just click on  "اضغط هنا لتنزيل الملف "

oki downloading that , how can i use it ? in easy way =D 

i don't remember if that needs to be configured, maybe you need to poin it to FSX folder, i'm not sure. Jusr start it and see if configurator can see your sceneries. Go through text editor, group view and list and see if there are some errors displayed on the right hand side. If you have duplicated sceneries, this tool will suggest you to delete one of them, just check what you want to delete. 

You can add, enable or disable scenery areas etc