Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Why no good DC-3 available?

All you need is X-Plane.

Maybe, but then you'll hear me nagging about all kinds of other stuff I miss :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

My understanding is that no one will develop a DC-3 because it could take away from MAAM DC-3 sales and no one wants to do that. This has been mentioned on the A2A site.

But the MAAM DC-3 doesn't work!!! Not for me, anyway. I've tried all the fixes and still can't get the yoke out of the way of the instrument cluster. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I bought it for FS9 and then years later when I got back into flightsimming bought it again for FSX when I probably could have dug up my old serial number somewhere and got it for free. I loved the aircraft and was happy to contribute. But MAAM has made a decision not to support it anymore--and I'm not knocking it, it just is--so nobody should be reluctant to develop a DC-3 because they are afraid to hurt MAAM sales. I would pay top dollar for a good DC-3!

The FSX MAAMsim DC-3 was an FS9 portover.  MAAM half promised to make a pukka FSX version but failed. The market therefore is open for a decent DC-3 for FSX and I believe that A2A would make the best one. I hope they change their minds as it would be a best-seller for them.

An A2A DC-3.  The mind boggles at the obviousness of the idea.  That would be cool beyond speaking.

An A2A DC-3.  The mind boggles at the obviousness of the idea.  That would be cool beyond speaking.

Yeah, no kidding.  It's annoying that they haven't done a DC-3/C-47.  Anyone who knows anything about old planes loves the old Douglas, and would likely buy an AccuSimmed DC-3 without even thinking about it.

Talk about cash cow...  :rolleyes:

All you need is X-Plane.

When A2A start modifying their aircraft for X-Plane I might consider moving over - but not before.   ^_^

An A2A DC3?  I'd buy it in an instant!!!!  

Talk about cash cow...  :rolleyes:

It would soak up money like a sponge in water..

Since when did another developer having the same aircraft stop any other developer develeping a better 1? ( or in some developers case's, trying to.. :lol: )

Since when did another developer having the same aircraft stop any other developer develeping a better 1?

Probably never? But I think the MAAM DC-3 was made to generate revenue for a non-profit museum organization, so maybe that is what caused the hesitation?

But that's old news, and I think the sim market is ripe for this kind of development now.

I've drooled over the idea of an A2A DC3 or similar, it would  without doubt take pride of place in my hanger! Now I have the JF version and while it lacks a proper, good VC, IMO the FDE and sound set are excellent. OK, I know I can't comment on the FDE  too much' cos I haven't, sadly, flown a DC3, although I have been lucky enough to have flown in one. I feel the VC is too pristine and 'PC gamey' looking for my liking. I had the DC2 but was disappointed with the textures, not up to the kind of standard that we've all come to expect from our addons these days. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's seems quite incredulous that one of these "master" devs mentioned wouldn't do the DC3-C47 for FSX. It has to be the most requested aircraft ever on the A2A site. Indeed - if it were a sense of feeling somewhat guilty regarding the MAA Museum - I'm very sure that a token percentage of each sale could be diverted to the Museum - the goodwill engendered therein would certainly benefit both parties - and be good for the Sim hobby (us users) as a whole. As a plain ol' business proposition - it's almost a no-brainer

And to think that these two leading companies - A2A and RealAir would produce a competing C172 instead???   :wacko:  This is a crying shame.

and then, fired up by this thread, and before my (small) rant (sometimes I'm allowed) I look elsewhere on the FSX forum, and see this...  Carenado, who have just announced their next project - what we all need - a ruddy Beechcraft 1900D...

Yay - Cessna! - Yay Beech!, Oh, the thrilling sound of the Continental or the Lycoming at full chat on take-off...  :bad:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Vertigo Studios has a DC-3 in production...Although it'd been in a "Coming Soon" stage for about a year now... Still looking forward to it, I love their texturing...

And to think that these two leading companies - A2A and RealAir would produce a competing C172 instead???  

I agree Paul... I mean, what's all that about!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's seems quite incredulous that one of these "master" devs mentioned wouldn't do the DC3-C47 for FSX. It has to be the most requested aircraft ever on the A2A site. Indeed - if it were a sense of feeling somewhat guilty regarding the MAA Museum - I'm very sure that a token percentage of each sale could be diverted to the Museum - the goodwill engendered therein would certainly benefit both parties - and be good for the Sim hobby (us users) as a whole. As a plain ol' business proposition - it's almost a no-brainer.

It sure would be nice if a dev would chime in. Still lots of DC3's available. Both in museums as well as flying. So it can't be the lack of reference material.

I can't imagine MAAM still receives purchases from the old version.... Nobody buys that anymore (my guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

A quote from A2A on their forums regarding the possibility of a DC3:

We have discussed it in passing amongst the team, but right now its all systems go on the already announced projects. The GA stuff being developed/in testing at the moment is priority. It is directly tied into the real world training sims we are producing with redbird etc for the full motion sims and the AOPA Jay Sim for pilots.

They have already stated that after the two GA aircraft the next project is going to be an F104, then the F4 Phantom.  So, if an A2A DC3 is going to happen, it's a long, long way away   :(

A quote from A2A on their forums regarding the possibility of a DC3:

We have discussed it in passing amongst the team, but right now its all systems go on the already announced projects. The GA stuff being developed/in testing at the moment is priority. It is directly tied into the real world training sims we are producing with redbird etc for the full motion sims and the AOPA Jay Sim for pilots.

They have already stated that after the two GA aircraft the next project is going to be an F104, then the F4 Phantom.  So, if an A2A DC3 is going to happen, it's a long, long way away   :(

Which brings me back to my original question; why do they (dev's in general, not A2A specific) keep passing up on the DC-3. I mean; when I would be pondering about my next project a DC-3 would pop up (much) sooner than an F-104.....

Regards,

Frank van der Werff