Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

TOM7402 / Birmingham (EGBB) - Palma de Mallorca (LEPA)

Today's assignment - ferrying excited holiday makers from Birmingham to Palma de Mallorca, the jewel of the Balearics. This was an early start - a 04:30 departure from EGGB, arriving in Palma at around 06:25.

Thanks for looking

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Would you mind me asking what kind of frames you were getting on approach?
I'm really trying very hard to tune my sim so that the NGX runs without stutters, but I fear the effort may be slowly killing me  :Whew:

Aamir Thacker

Awesome shots mate, nothing nicer than a good flight to Palma!

Thanks! Yes it's one of my favourite places to fly in FSX that's for sure!

Would you mind me asking what kind of frames you were getting on approach?

I'm really trying very hard to tune my sim so that the NGX runs without stutters, but I fear the effort may be slowly killing me :Whew:

Ha, I know how you feel. I've just accepted that I have to live with it. Can't remember exactly what I get at LEPA (it's not the worst of the add ons I have!) but at EGLL in thick cloud I can be down in single digits. Very frustrating and not what I expected after spending £1200 on a new PC just for FSX but I'm slowly making my peace with it.

I'm waiting patiently for the FSL A320 and I hope it's slightly easier on the frames than the NGX!

Thanks! Yes it's one of my favourite places to fly in FSX that's for sure!

Ha, I know how you feel. I've just accepted that I have to live with it. Can't remember exactly what I get at LEPA (it's not the worst of the add ons I have!) but at EGLL in thick cloud I can be down in single digits. Very frustrating and not what I expected after spending £1200 on a new PC just for FSX but I'm slowly making my peace with it.

I'm waiting patiently for the FSL A320 and I hope it's slightly easier on the frames than the NGX!

Well, I'm not much of an airbus guy myself, but I may give that one a go.

The frame issues with the NGX are uniquely frustrating because it's just such a desirable aircraft, with completely undesirable performance effects!

I can hit my 30FPS (maybe a few drops here and there, but no stuttering at least) cap no problem in any other aircraft, loaded to the gills with weather and textures from REX, and a heavy airport like UK2000's EGLL, or FSDT's KJFK V2!

Aamir Thacker

Very nice series!

For those of you getting bad frames in heavy clouds, it may be worth trying to downscale the quality of the bitmaps of you cloud textures.   It may seem like common sense, but lots of people are so caught up in the HD frenzy that they install 2048 or higher quality clouds that really eat up performance and not realize the impact it has on their frames.   I have actually downscaled to 512x512, and although they do tend to look a little pixelated from certain angles, I find they are more wispy and less hard edged, just like the real thing, and to me they are more plausible.   And of course, frame rate improves!

Great shots.

nebojsa