Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

No exterior textures on new TBM install

Has anyone run into this before?

A buddy of mine has just bought the TBM and gets only the inside views...

First thing we checked was if he had SP2/Acceleration installed, and he is

on a new copy of FSX Gold, so that is OK.

Global Texture Resolution is set to very high..  other airplanes function correctly.

Bert

I had something similar and I had DX10 Preview selected....unchecked that and it worked properly.

Regards

BrianG (Dorset UK)

I had something similar and I had DX10 Preview selected....unchecked that and it worked properly.

Regards

BrianG (Dorset UK)

I run dx10 with the tbm and it works great I will say I.have this issue sometimes but only on dx9 but its not limited to the tbm its also C182t and the PMDG ngx I think it has to do with fsx being 32bit and it not having enough memory to load the textures in time usally switching planes to a default bird then back to the plane I want to fly fixes it. Op just wondering how much ram do you run as anything under 8gb wont work well with these hi res textures if your running addon airports or orbx the reason I say that is fsx itself will use 4gb of ram and if thats all you have then you will have issues as windows take priority it that's the case also do you have highmemfix enabled?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Make sure in your FSX config file you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 put in there, it was supposed to be added in by one of the patches and apparently it missed the CFG file, this really helps solve a lot of problems.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Bert,

did you delete the FSX.cfg and did a fresh rebuilt of that?!

I know SP2 was allready checked, but these kind of anomalies very often had something to do with the FSX Service packs being missed :blink: ... strange!

I run dx10 with the tbm and it works great I will say.  I have this issue sometimes but only on dx9

OK - the plot thickens... The plane shows up correctly with DX10!

However, we cannot make it work with DX9.. the interior is fine, he can fly the airplane..

but the outside view is missing all the exterior textures.

Today we added Highmemfix and got the latest drivers for his GTX660 video card..

No avail - the problem persists.

He is not loading any fancy scenery or airports - vanilla FSX scenery..

We tried selecting different airplanes and returning to the TBM - it is his only HD

plane and the only one that does not work... is there possibly a lo-rez version of the textures in question?

And, to the above poster: Did you find any way "to force it to work" with DX9?

Bert

OK - the plot thickens... The plane shows up correctly with DX10!

However, we cannot make it work with DX9.. the interior is fine, he can fly the airplane..

but the outside view is missing all the exterior textures.

Today we added Highmemfix and got the latest drivers for his GTX660 video card..

No avail - the problem persists.

He is not loading any fancy scenery or airports - vanilla FSX scenery..

We tried selecting different airplanes and returning to the TBM - it is his only HD

plane and the only one that does not work... is there possibly a lo-rez version of the textures in question?

And, to the above poster: Did you find any way "to force it to work" with DX9?

Hmmm we have the same video card so it isn't the issue how much ram do you have?

If you will pm me your email adress I will send you my fsx.cfg to see if that fixes it. To be honest if you have it working in dx10 keep using it dx10 gives better frames and adds cockpit shadows and if you use sweet fx it looks real.There are fixes for.most of the dx 10 problems now if You like Ill attach those files aswell in the email.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Had this happen a few min. ago. Reloaded the aircraft and it was fine. Do you have EZDok by chance?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

yea sometimes EZDOK can cause this....from what I recall it was a conflict with the cameras configured in the aircraft cfg getting in the way of how EZDOK works...although I have ezdok and dx9 and no such issue with this plane after sp2 being installed.

When using EZDOK you should run the FSX configurator prior to using it with the aircraft.