Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

sound has static

Guest rwrea

HP Pavillion4 2.8512mb ramATI Radeon x300 se 128mb memsound file play fine but i have static in fs9appreciate helpDick Rea

Guest vuelo

Hey Dick,Would be easier if you'd state what type of soundcard you have. Terratec, Soundblaster, Onboard sound etc...BrianAMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT - SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL. SP2

Guest rwrea

>Hey Dick,>>Would be easier if you'd state what type of soundcard you>have. Terratec, Soundblaster, Onboard sound etc...>>Brian>>AMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT>- SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL.>SP2Name Realtek High Definition Audioi believe its onboard, but not sure.

Guest vuelo

Ok but when did it happen.. just now... of after installing something.what???. you really have to be more clear inorder to get some help because just this is looking for a needle in a haystack.. for instance are your drivers upto date?.. if not did you try reinstall (newer)drivers?AMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT - SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL. SP2

Guest rwrea

I'm sorry Guy's, it's a new system for me and only had a few days.Drivers are up to date. Defaulted the Bios. Everything seems to be good. Using xppro w sp2.Sound seems to be just fine ONLY, when I start fs9.....static. Sort of like spike's with engine sounds and dense scenery. Worse when throtlle up and down. Reinstalled fs9 and same problem. Really like this System, except this problem is disapointing me.Also, this System has no gameport( just 6 usb ports) so, I can't use my CH Virtual Pilot Pro joystic, am using keyboard.......is there any workaround for this, other than new CH??

Guest Charlie Hall

As far as I know gameports are part of many soundcards. I don't know if it's possible to have a gameport without such a card. If you decide to install an addon soundcard make sure to disable the onboard card in the BIOS. Adding a soundcard seems like a good move for you to make to kill two birds etc. FWIW I have a Soundblaster Live! card and get this static sound problem with some planes. Happens when I change views mostly, and sometimes it won't go away without shutting down the sim and restarting. Always seems to be either the wav files are too large or certain added sounds like callouts that can cause it. Also do you have FSSound.dll in your modules folder (required I think for such addons as callout sounds or others)? If so, try removing it to another folder temporarily. I think many others can run these sounds without problems, so I would tend to blame the Soundblaster Live! card.

Guest SoarPics

"Adding a soundcard seems like a good move for you to make to kill two birds etc."A very good solution for the original poster.Greg

Guest freequest

I dont know if this helps but on some onbard or add on cards esp the older ones you can go to DXDIAG and reduce the sound acceleation.