Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern S.

Autobrake to Off results in full stop breaking

Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem after landing when doing my after landing flow. The moment I bring the Autobrakes Switch to the Off-Position, the aircraft instantly stops. I have to tap my brake pedals once again to be able continue taxiing. Same behavior when "accidentally" switching the Autobrake a switch from "RTO" back to "Off" before Takeoff.

Just for clarification: I do perform a normal landing with Autobrakes working. I do tap the toe brakes twice and continue with manual braking. I can definitely confirm the Autobrake Disarm Light is illuminated and the aircraft continues to roll without deceleration until I tap my toe brakes again to decelerate to normal taxi speed. Then, when selecting the Autobrake Switch to Off during runway turnoff the aircraft comes to a complete stop immediately.

I checked all my keyboard assignments again and did not find a clue for a setting being used twice such as the parking brake or the Chocks. After this described stop, there is no visible clue for that either. I checked the parking brake lever and the MCDU PMDG Menu - nothing.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards from Germany

Bjoern Siepmann

Run a forum search. This issue came up shortly after the release of the NGX and was discussed at length. I think the solution was to double tap the brakes to disengage autobrake. If you then rotate it to Off, you may need to double tap again. Speaking of which, I believe most SOPs call for Auobrake to be turned off when clear of the active (along with flaps up, landing lights off, etc.). Are you doing it too early in the landing roll? It shouldn't matter, but I'm just wondering if the timing impacts the braking logic in the NGX.

The moment I bring the Autobrakes Switch to the Off-Position, the aircraft instantly stops.

You do not have to do this. As soon as you brake manually the auto-brake switches off regardless of switch position.

Iain Smith

An solution is: uninstall driver rudder pedals. Driver pedals enter conflict with fsuipc. Probable solution.

Exactly the same problem here

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

I had this problem, never figured it out either and its annoying since I'm usually trying to exit on the hi speed

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

When I land and tromp on the pedals, my "Autobrake" does not release and return to the "Off" position automatically. Any suggestions why this is not occurring? Thanks to all that reply.

Stephen A. Crayton

When I land and tromp on the pedals, my "Autobrake" does not release and return to the "Off" position automatically. Any suggestions why this is not occurring? Thanks to all that reply.

Stephen A. Crayton

If you apply more braking force that the Autobrake is currently applying or if you double tap the brake pedals the Autobrake system will release the brakes and the "AUTO BRAKE DISARM" light will illuminate but the rotary switch does not move. You have to manually move the switch back to the "OFF" position during your post landing checks.

John Sturm

Andy,

I guess I should have been a little more clear in my post. The "Autobrake" does release when I depress the brake pedals. But I guess I expected the "Autobrake Switch" to automatically switch to the "OFF" position when the brake pedals are released. Otherwise, I am having no problem with the "Auto-braking System."

Stephen A. Crayton

Ah fair enough, no the switch doesn't move anywhere automatically, only the auto braking itself is cancelled when more force is applied to the pedals that is currently being applied by the AB system. If you were then to remove pressure from the pedals completely the plane would continue unabated, the brakes will not re-engage automatically.

Cheers, Andy.