Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

WOW--anyone see this yet?

Well I'm always prepared to hold judgement until its released...because i would really really like it to work out haha.

Eaglesoft might have been a good choice.

But let's hope guys Wilco is just the publisher, or they've changed their ways.

Lee

Of all the possible devs they could have gone with.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Ok I was a tad harsh. I'd love to see a nice bizjet like a Falcon. But prefer it be done by ES, PMDG, even Aerosoft would work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree lots of other better choices for devs to team with.

Dear God let it be FeelThere doing the work on the visual with a dedicated team programing the avionics. 

Cuz if WIlco's Citation X is any indication as to what we can expect then were all going to be very disappointed. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Eaglesoft might have been a good choice..

We've had no contact with Dassault but here's hoping that Fred Goldman and Co will do well on this one.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Eaglesoft might have been a good choice..
We've had no contact with Dassault but here's hoping that Fred Goldman and Co will do well on this one.

Yeah I know you probably had no contact I was just saying.

I'm hoping they do well too

Let's not forget that it's going to be in the new series of "HIFI" aircraft which appear to be [once it happens] down to the very last knob and toggle switch on the aircraft. I don't recall if that is in the article but I saw it somewhere recently (today.)

We will of course have to watch closely because who knows if Wilco or whatever third party developed is designing the aircraft will follow through with the HIFI design requirements.

Dear God let it be FeelThere doing the work on the visual with a dedicated team programing the avionics. 

Cuz if WIlco's Citation X is any indication as to what we can expect then were all going to be very disappointed.

The Wilco Citation X was a FeelThere product

Best, Michael

KDFW

As long as it looks like somthing from carenado I'll buy it

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Still wish they would have allowed you guys to do this one Ron. Not too sure about wilco. I have ERJ series and haven't touched them in a long time. Nuff said Cpt out.

Still wish they would have allowed you guys to do this one Ron...

Thanks Cpt, Wilco has quite a challenge to do this one correctly. Systems can really be a bear to produce.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Do you think that some Dassault trainers are run with something like P3d?

Just wondering if they have code for Wilco to work with already

The last time I can remember Wilco actually designing something themselves that was pretty good back in the day was I believe a 737 for Fly2. The Fly! series was not an easy platform to design for but back then many considered it the "place to be" as far as flight dynamics and the future of desktop simulation. Right after that successful release of their 737, PMDG jumped in with their own Fly2 jet release and took over the scene at that point.

Yes, its difficult today to imagine Wilco having the right skills in place (and the right development plan) to pull this off in a way that most of us might appreciate...and while there's no doubt in my own mind that it will not be akin to a PMDG quality I still have  to wonder and hope, just like their Fly2 release, that perhaps they will at least deliver a better than reasonable product once again.