Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Support Support

Dear Simmers,

I am having an issue not specifically with PMDG but their support services. The issue that I am facing is relatively minor (and has been posted on this forum), however all seem to think that the best option is to submit a PMDG ticket. The issue is that I can not find how to submit a ticket to the "product support" department. I do not know if this is a service that must be purchased (and I do hope it isn't), however when I go to submit a ticket the department is always "License Reactivations" with no drop-down menu. In the information section it says to go back to select another department, however I have no idea where to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dmac Macon

Hmm that's odd. I logged in to my support account without problems. On the left hand side of the page, I clicked "Submit a Ticket". Then a dropdown box appeared that had "Billing/Sales/Accounts", "License Re activations",  "Product Support" and "Re-Downloads".

I am running Firefox 21.0. Just for giggles I tried it on IE and didn't have any problem there either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Hmm that's odd. I logged in to my support account without problems. On the left hand side of the page, I clicked "Submit a Ticket". Then a dropdown box appeared that had "Billing/Sales/Accounts", "License Re activations",  "Product Support" and "Re-Downloads".

I am running Firefox 21.0. Just for giggles I tried it on IE and didn't have any problem there either.

I tried it on Firefox, still to no avail. Thanks for that, though. Now I know there is definitely a problem with mine solely, not the system. By the way I did try it on more than one computer, again with no luck.

Thanks for your help!

-Dmac Macon

Thanks for getting him pointed in the right direction, gents.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dunno about IE but in Firefox ensure scripts are being allowed to run (check for an "options" bar at the bottom of the browser).  For IE its somewhere under the tools menu IIRC.

spacer.png

Dear Simmers,

I am having an issue not specifically with PMDG but their support services. The issue that I am facing is relatively minor (and has been posted on this forum), however all seem to think that the best option is to submit a PMDG ticket. The issue is that I can not find how to submit a ticket to the "product support" department. I do not know if this is a service that must be purchased (and I do hope it isn't), however when I go to submit a ticket the department is always "License Reactivations" with no drop-down menu. In the information section it says to go back to select another department, however I have no idea where to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dmac Macon

Can you give me some details about your PC and browser setup and so on? I've heard this report from a few others but have never actually been able to determine a cause for it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can you give me some details about your PC and browser setup and so on? I've heard this report from a few others but have never actually been able to determine a cause for it.

Well I'm usually on Chrome when I try it, obviously logged into my account. I have tried it on Chrome on more than one computer, Firefox on only one. I have tried it under a variety of scenarios (by that I mean I have tried it with and without FSX, etc...), although I can not fully remember the statistics. I'm just going to try the suggestion by Helo-Head. The attached image is what the support screen looks like for me.

-Dmac Macon

Dmac,

That looks correct to me but it's the second page in the ticket creation process - are you somehow not seeing the first one?

When you go to http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx and click "Submit a Ticket" it should show you a page like this:

support_dropdown.jpg

After you select the category from this dropdown, then you get the page that's shown in your screenshot. Is it really bypassing this first one and going straight to the second? I use Chrome as my primary browser myself and I've never seen this behavior from it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Not sure if you have the cookie killer in firefox, but I have to allow many websites to save cookies such as login. Just a thought. Cpt out.

Hi all,

Im also having the same problem, I am using IE. I bought the 737NGX Base Package a few months ago and since then have had my mobo replaced twice due to faulty products fitted, but sorted now.  

Inbetween the 2 replacements, I bought a download extension. I did not manage to re download it then, now I just tried buying another one and went to submit a re download ticket, but as soon as I click on Submit a Ticket, it takes me straight to the License Re-validation page. It seems to bypass the page to select which department all together! :/ any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Max

It's working on my end. I was curious (and bored) so I tried it. Each different dropdown choice brings me to the correct ticket submission page.

Sony Vaio Laptop (It's a work computer. Explains why I'm bored.) Running Win 7 x64. Tried with Chrome.

Dmac,

That looks correct to me but it's the second page in the ticket creation process - are you somehow not seeing the first one?

When you go to http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx and click "Submit a Ticket" it should show you a page like this:

support_dropdown.jpg

After you select the category from this dropdown, then you get the page that's shown in your screenshot. Is it really bypassing this first one and going straight to the second? I use Chrome as my primary browser myself and I've never seen this behavior from it.

That's it - I don't see that page. I've also tried clicking "back" and "home" as well.

-Dmac Macon

PS - I am getting help with my issue, though, so this is more for the future (not as pressing anymore)

Thanks for the info guys - I'd heard vague reports of this in the past but never knew precisely what was happening until now. We're gonna talk to the makers of the ticket system and see if they have any idea how this could be happening.

In the interim, just submit the ticket as if you'd chosen the correct department and just say in the message you write that it wouldn't let you select anything besides licenses.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I just made some changes to the system (there were some settings differences between departments that possibly could have caused this) - can you guys try it again now and tell me if it's still doing it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg