Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Opinion on a potential new build, and definitely some advice needed.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about building my first computer, and definitely need some advice on the whole process. The components that I had in mind were:

Case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

GPU: EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance ...

RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS8G3D1609DS1S00

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

Now since I'm completely new at this, any advice you guys can give me? Anything I can get cheaper for the same quality?

Thanks in advance!

No advice to be given??

Why are you going with Ivo Bridge when haswell is out ?

Why are you going with Ivo Bridge when haswell is out ?

Expense mostly, trying to keep the cost as low as I can, and the 3570K seemed reasonable.

I would go with the 770, and Haswell, downgrade the mobo, and you can make it fit from a budget perspective. The 770 is just a higher preforming 680, and for only a little more.

I would go with the 770, and Haswell, downgrade the mobo, and you can make it fit from a budget perspective. The 770 is just a higher preforming 680, and for only a little more.

Motherboard wise, what would work as a downgrade? The H87?

Motherboard wise, what would work as a downgrade? The H87?

Stick with the Z87, but get a cheaper mobo within the chipset. I would recommend a 150-175 dollar mobo, which should cover the added cost of getting the newer components. I would recommend either asus or gigabyte.