Sign in to follow this  
dmbusmc

Earth Simulations Guernsey issue, and FTX PNW/Guernsey compatibility question.

Thanks for that Christopher, I do hope he gets well soon. I'm still in the process of tinkering, but hopefully if I'm unsuccessful a new install method or fix might be able to help out.

If I do find a solution for me I'll be sure to report back with it, any other thoughts are still welcome, and thank you so far to everyone who has provided input!

If I do find a solution for me I'll be sure to report back with it, any other thoughts are still welcome, and thank you so far to everyone who has provided input!

I'm too lazy to check myself, but IIRC over at the Aerosoft forums in a thread for Skiathos (sp?) Lars (?) posted a revised autogen file that dealt with autogen incompatibilities and I *think* the ESI sceneries were a part of that fix.

I'm too lazy to check myself, but IIRC over at the Aerosoft forums in a thread for Skiathos (sp?) Lars (?) posted a revised autogen file that dealt with autogen incompatibilities and I *think* the ESI sceneries were a part of that fix.

Thanks for that, is this the post you were referring to? http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68274-skiathos-x-autogen-and-compatibility-in-general-please-read/

Lars did mention ES, but in a bad way- "The problem with other add-ons such as Earth Simulations or FlyTampa Grenadines remains."

That opens up another can of worms, as I have Skiathos, FT Grenadines, and trying to get ES working ^_^ . This is looking more bleak....

That opens up another can of worms, as I have Skiathos, FT Grenadines, and trying to get ES working .

Yea, that might explain why you're struggling... There is a compitability file for Skiathos an Mikonos but not sure if the Flytampa Grenadines has a fix...

Here's comp file for Skiathos and Mikonos http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/68354-skiathos-x-mykonos-x-orbx-ftx-eu-compatibility-patch/

If you plan on sticking with ES and Skiathos I would have removed Grenadines...... to get it too work..

Sometimes we just has to make sacrifices in the world of FSX scenerys... I had to do it With France VFR...It's hard to let those nice scenerys go but as time passes the wounds gets healed ^_^

Well, I have to give up on it. Uninstalled it to try eliminating that checkbox and after the uninstall it stuffed my installation. I was careful to make certain separate backups, but that did not work. You can see how the rest of the world looks now:

2013641514115.jpg

The files in the "Backup" folder of the C:/Earth Simulations/ folder causes an immediate CTD upon loading. So, it's of to a reinstall of FSX for me. Thanks for those who helped along the way.

C:/Earth Simulations/ folder causes an immediate CTD upon loading

Does it happen when the loader comes to the autogen?

Stop stop, don't reinstall, I can remember there was a fix for this too...I'll look into it and report back

Edit: Have you tried this? https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/61692-fsx-is-crashing-to-desktop-when-loading-any-scener

Did you do step 3

Step 1: Locate your ":\Earth Simulations\Back-ups\Autogen"  folder . Copy the files contained inside over to your "\Microsoft flight simulator\Autogen folder to replace the files that have become corrupted. This action should repair FSX so that it will no longer crash. But the files will not yet be compatible with ES scenery

Step 2: Ensure that you have Orbx FTX ( if you own it) set to default mode. 

Step 3: Copy the files contained in the downloaded FSX-ES-Autogen.zip to your  "\Microsoft flight simulator\Autogen folder to replace original files with ones that are now compatible with ES sceneries.

Step 4: Start FSX and check if the fix has worked. Please contact support if you require further assistance.

Sorry to hear about Darren from ES. The stuff they make looks amazing as I said (even if I've not actually seen it in my own sim yet!) and for those of us who are UK based these islands are fun, busy flights to and from the mainland.

Guernsey is a regular Q400 destination and for us Majestic drivers the runway is short enough to provide a challenge when you get there. The Isle of Man is a very short hop on an Airbus from Liverpool and let's not forget Jersey is the shortest field in BA's network and is a lot of fun in a 737 or a Bus. If a rejig of the online store and download and install process is on the cards, along with some new sceneries then I might count myself back in.

Does it happen when the loader comes to the autogen?

Stop stop, don't reinstall, I can remember there was a fix for this too...I'll look into it and report back

Edit: Have you tried this? https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/61692-fsx-is-crashing-to-desktop-when-loading-any-scener

Did you do step 3

Step 1: Locate your ":\Earth Simulations\Back-ups\Autogen"  folder . Copy the files contained inside over to your "\Microsoft flight simulator\Autogen folder to replace the files that have become corrupted. This action should repair FSX so that it will no longer crash. But the files will not yet be compatible with ES scenery

Step 2: Ensure that you have Orbx FTX ( if you own it) set to default mode. 

Step 3: Copy the files contained in the downloaded FSX-ES-Autogen.zip to your  "\Microsoft flight simulator\Autogen folder to replace original files with ones that are now compatible with ES sceneries.

Step 4: Start FSX and check if the fix has worked. Please contact support if you require further assistance.

I did do that to no avail. Thank you for bringing it up though. Tried that after I made that last post as a last ditch effort.

Sorry to hear that It didn't work out for you.