Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

New (Free) Ground Crew Voice Pack released for AXE

Well it's probably the "robotized" electronic voice that is used for the Ground Crew ?

So I have created an Irish English Ground Crew Voice Pack, called "Seamus".   Seamus is a real human being; so far better as ground crew than robotized "Charles" !   :smile:

I have uploaded the Replacement Ground Crew Voice Pack for the Airbus X Extended to the AVSIM File Library and it is awaiting approval. In the meantime, you can check it out at the Aerosoft site :-

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2124-replacement-ground-crew-for-airbus-x-extended-a320a321/

Cheers.

I saw the title and was just about to type 'the godawful robot ground crew voice' but you beat me to it. It just seems like they finished the aircraft and on the day of release thought to themselves 'oh crap, we didn't record a ground crew wav', so just cobbled together some text to speech file to chuck in there. For something that you'll hear EVERY FLIGHT this is very poor.

I am spending too much time with it and not enough with my family.

It really has been money well spent and, without a doubt, a "must have" in anyone's hangar if you like high and fast.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I saw the title and was just about to type 'the godawful robot ground crew voice' but you beat me to it. It just seems like they finished the aircraft and on the day of release thought to themselves 'oh crap, we didn't record a ground crew wav', so just cobbled together some text to speech file to chuck in there. For something that you'll hear EVERY FLIGHT this is very poor.

ok, but perhaps you missed the main point of the post, which is that I've recorded an alternative, real human ground handler, so grab it, and your woes are over!

It's been recorded in a genuine professional recording facility, with effects in place to compress the audio, reducing it's dynamics range and thus making it clearer and more intelligible, and adopting a narrow band frequency filter or the low and top frequency spectrum;   to give the 'intercom' style.

Grab it and you won't have to continue suffering (and talking about suffering) that robotized ground crew any more :smile:

Can't complain about it, since the only problem (except for those due to my stupidity -_- )I've encountered has been fixed in the SP.

ok, but perhaps you missed the main point of the post, which is that I've recorded an alternative, real human ground handler, so grab it, and your woes are over!

It's been recorded in a genuine professional recording facility, with effects in place to compress the audio, reducing it's dynamics range and thus making it clearer and more intelligible, and adopting a narrow band frequency filter or the low and top frequency spectrum; to give the 'intercom' style.

Grab it and you won't have to continue suffering (and talking about suffering) that robotized ground crew any more :smile:

No I got the point. I meant to say at the bottom of my post how good it was that kind hearted souls like you were doing stuff like this for free to improve things that probably should have been done properly by the developer in the first place, but I hit reply before adding it. Itchy posting finger!

D'oh! But good work. I'll be adding your creation to my A320 this evening!

and here was me thinking 'this isn't going to end well...' ;-)

Hello Ladies & Gents,

Seamus here.... :smile:

I accidentally left out 1 sound file from the ground crew voice pack, for the AXE.

If you haven't got it yet, all is good, because I have already updated the pack on the Aerosoft DL Centre, so the (fixed) updated version is here :-

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2124-replacement-ground-crew-for-airbus-x-extended-a320a321/

....if you have already downloaded, then to save you downloading the whole pack again, you can simply download the missing file here:-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/ASC_GND_GoAhead.zip

....and simply extract it into your Airbus's "Sound_ASC" folder. (and overwrite).

Cheers. :smile:

The AAX bashing!

C'mon Ollie, we all know that robotic ground crew member had a few to many 1878's to drink before he came on duty :P   My exact words were "what the hell" when I first him say "go ahead over" in that robotic tone.  I'm not knocking Aerosoft at all because the AAX is an outstanding aircraft, but I got more than a chuckle out of it than anything.

I appreciate your work Dave.  To replace the pilot/co-pilot/drunken ground member voices is it as simple as overwriting a file, as I have yet to do it.

Chris Sunseri

No I got the point. I meant to say at the bottom of my post how good it was that kind hearted souls like you were doing stuff like this for free to improve things that probably should have been done properly by the developer in the first place, but I hit reply before adding it. Itchy posting finger!

D'oh! But good work. I'll be adding your creation to my A320 this evening!

I tried to talk Dave into making money with it but he refused!!!

BTW, I wouldn't say Aerosoft didn't do it properly, it's rather a matter of taste for me.

C'mon Ollie, we all know that robotic ground crew member had a few to many 1878's to drink before he came on duty :P   My exact words were "what the hell" when I first him say "go ahead over" in that robotic tone.  I'm not knocking Aerosoft at all because the AAX is an outstanding aircraft, but I got more than a chuckle out of it than anything.

Any comments on the "ruuhder trim"?!?   :rolleyes:

Thanks Dave, it's Guys like you that make this community great.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I can't believe they don't have exterior lights from the exterior view.  Love landing lights on approach and take many screen shots with planes especially at dusk.  Can't with this one...

All we need now Dave is an English co-pilot....hint,hint...;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thanks for the kind comments guys  :good:

I appreciate your work Dave.  To replace the pilot/co-pilot/drunken ground member voices is it as simple as overwriting a file, as I have yet to do it ?

In terms of replacing the stock sounds with new ones, yes it's as simple as replacing the stock sound files, which all reside in the "Sound_ASC" folder, and are well organised according to who (Captain / FO / FA / Gnd) is saying them.

However, amateur recording equipment will often result in poor results within the sim.   Eg a cheap dynamic karaoke type mic going into Audacity will sometimes cut it, if you really know what you're doing and can edit the sound, but usually the audio will just sound muffled and lack intelligibility.

I'm lucky in having access to a pro level recording suite;  these files are being recorded into a Neumann U47 condensor mic, (the mic used on most contemporary pop recordings of the last 20 yrs!), into a nice pre-amp, and into Pro-Tools, a pro recording rig.  They can then be properly EQ'd, dynamically compressed, and then ironically, I have to 'degrade' the sound as it's then very clear but far too clean for a cockpit ambience! ... so some EQ filters are carefully put on the top and low end, and a tiny amount of 'tiled room' reverb applied, to give a hint of the acoustics of an enclosed cockpit, with clutter everywhere!

So I guess without meaning to sound conceited, making pretty poor sound files is easy, but making good quality ones is pretty difficult. 

The issue I have is around the timing triggers, which is not Aerosoft's fault at all, as obviously they code the timing according to their own exact sound file lengths... as mine are slightly different lengths, on a couple of occasions the captain and ground crew handler are slightly clipping eachother's words ........ but to be honest, it mainly just sounds like they are raring to go, so are anticipating eachother's calls! :smile: