Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

New Saab preview posted.

X-aviation posted a new Saab 340 preview pic on their forum (can't link with my phone). Looks amazing, but for some reason, the nose looks weird too me. Maybe too long and pointy? Maybe its just the angle since their attention to detail is so good. It would surprise me if this aspect was "off".

Can't wait for this one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Comparison.

Keep in mind, in the sim, the eye level is slightly higher than the actual photo and perspective needs to be taken into account.  

(BTW, The wipers and nose gear doors have been fixed)

Goran,

I really look fwd for this one, and the Citation too ;-)   :good:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks, Goran and Cameron! That looks much better. Must have been the angle as you suggested.

Quick question, will the external model have those awesome specular highlights on the windshield? Like that shine effect that shows as you pan around the aircraft?

Love the Saab 340. My favorite tubroprop! I still make dail;y flights on my FFS Saab 340 for FS9. :biggrin:

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Comparison.

Keep in mind, in the sim, the eye level is slightly higher than the actual photo and perspective needs to be taken into account.  

(BTW, The wipers and nose gear doors have been fixed)

if I believe the pictures, the nose is actually quite wrong. I tried to fit both profiles as well as possible:

perspective can't explain the different radius of the nose curve.

Pascal

if I believe the pictures, the nose is actually quite wrong. I tried to fit both profiles as well as possible:

attachicon.gifsaab01.png

Pascal

Hmm, almost as if the real Saab's nose is more "stubby".

Also, the side "strake" or whatever it is called, seems quite a bit oversized.

Ark

Most Anticipated Release for X-Plane 10 this year,IMHO.Really Looking forward to LES Quality.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Quick question, will the external model have those awesome specular highlights on the windshield? Like that shine effect that shows as you pan around the aircraft?

Yes, sure will.

Forget trying to superimpose images not even taken at same, right on angles. Between lens distortion in real life, and an image in sim not even at the exact same angle (it's meant for your eye to quickly assess that your original shock wasn't what you thought), it's just not going to happen. CAD files from the manufacturers don't lie, guys. You can take it up with the fine folks at Saab in Sweden if you want, however. We definitely won't be debating this one here, especially given our assurance that it's right.

Also, the side "strake" or whatever it is called, seems quite a bit oversized.

That strake (real photo) is VERY hard to see in the image Goran posted, but look around the web and you'll find many others that clearly show it. Additionally, the image Goran posted is very, very old (so much has been re-done on that front it's almost unfair to compare that image). That image is old for a reason...we've always been on top of comparing our work or fixing issues. This image, although old and with the final general nose structure, does NOT depict revamped things all over the rest of the aircraft. See our screenshots posted in the Saab 340 previews forums for better reference of the most current, revised model. There are many topics with screenshots in there to choose from.  :smile:

Most Anticipated Release for X-Plane 10 this year,IMHO.Really Looking forward to LES Quality.

Hey, thanks for the compliments! That's a breath of fresh air in a topic like this. Forward and onward.  :wink:

Founder of X-Aviation

Hey Cameron,

Don't let my comments cast a negative light on any of your work. Your Saab is my #1 most waited for add-on of the eyar as well (actually, including last year as well). I was just making some offhand observations which you and Goran have cleared up in your responses.

As you said, forward and onward!

Ark

The Saab looks fantastic!!!  Can't wait for its release. Great job!!

Anything from LES is a must buy for me. Their stuff has never been a disapointment.

The DC3 is still in my top 3 X-plane addons.

Rob

This will be a must buy for me without hesitation!

Keith Guillory

Looks very interesting. I was thinking of a twin prop for my next purchase, and being someone easily seduced by pretty graphics, talk of specular highlights on the windshield has me salivating.

Systems wise is it a very complex plane to learn to fly?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Systems wise is it a very complex plane to learn to fly?

This is essentially a study sim. It will require the customer to read the manual, follow checklists, etc. There are no default X-Plane systems at play here,  so this aircraft will definitely be for the people who love the custom plug-in driven aircraft like most heavy metal we expect anymore.

Founder of X-Aviation