Sign in to follow this  
Cristiano Mueller

So many years, and RC4 continues to amaze me.

Hi guys.

For some time I want to give this testimony, and several times I always forgot.

Roughly one month ago, I had a problem on my HD, which resulted in the need for replacement it. After all the marathon uninstall / reinstall, there I was ready for another flight.

I decided to make a flight in Oceania, more precisely between Kosrae and the Marshall Islands. Shortly after takeoff, I contacted the center to start the IFR flight.

And as always, the pre-recorded AI chat also initiated. And that was when I was sure that I had installed something wrong. A distorted sound, a noise in the background like an ET movie, and I flying and thinking, "My God, what did I do wrong?"

And so it was until the end of the flight. Needless to say, in closing the flight, I just started another one in another area, to see if the "problem" continued. And to my surprise, he was gone.

After the shock passed, and reviewing what I had recorded (since I usually post the video of the flights on Youtube), I noticed what I thought was a bug / problem actually was a quality.

Yes, the sound was distorted, and there were all those noises, because that was how it should be. So much water, remote controls, could not be a normal communication.

And I loved it!

I do not know if I can post here the link of the video, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words:

If not allowed, you guys can delete, please.

Anyway, JD, you did a great addon. And after so much time using it, it still surprises me. Thank you very much.

P.S.: Pardon my english, Google Translate is still learning. :biggrin:

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Yes, great video and another thumbs up from me for RCV4, been using it for a few years now myself.

I hope one day JD'S troubles subside and he can carry on coding RCV5!

Chris Howard

Back in my HAM radio days, i once reached central Texas from the UK....sounded just like that, upper side band AM..sorry for random ramble, it just bought the memory back :) Great video