Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Barfbag

Boston Bruins flying high, Penguins sobbing?

It's been a rough conference finals for Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby. He's been held scoreless by the Bruins in the first two games of the series, both losses, and now he's taking shots both on the ice and in the air. A few members of the Boston media shared this story today about a JetBlue pilot making fun of the Hart Trophy finalist on a flight back from Pittsburgh this morning.

Baby crying in back of Jet Blue flight packed w/Boston media. Pilot just got on intercom and asked if "Sidney Crosby was in the back crying"
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs)

From the Boston Globe.

Have a Blue Chip, Sidney.

Sid's got a good sense of humor and most likely just laughed it off. I was never really a hockey fan but I am friends with the Crosby family. I know his mother quite well from when we were neighbours back in Cole Harbour, but I also got to know the rest of the family as well. Too bad he has seen his share of injuries but he really is a good kid once you get to know him and his family.

Matthew Kane

That's good to hear about Crosby.  After the concussion problems, I didn't think he'd play again and I'm glad to see him back at such a high level.  It's good for the sport.

For the next week or so, he's our enemy here in Boston, but it's all in the spirit of sport.  It always feels better when you beat a worthy opponent.

Boston and Chicago would make a great final. Two of the original 6

Matthew Kane

NHL is really taking its toll on my strenght! Living in Finland it means most games start at around 2-4 AM so I only get about 2-3 hours sleep before I get up and go to work. Fortunately it's been a shorter season this year! :D Go Bruins (since the Preds are out)!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Where I live it come on 12 pm, which is lunch time in the local pubs. They usually have the horse races or the greyhound races on at that time for the gamblers, you would have to ask them to put the hockey game on and it would probably take them 10 minutes to figure out how to. New Zealand is so far away from Ice Hockey they don't even know what it is. It is all about Rugby here.

When you do walk into a pub at lunch and a group is watching the hockey play-off's you know they are from USA or Canada.

Matthew Kane

At my age, I don't recover too quickly from shortchanging myself on sleep, and I get up at Oh-dark-thirty for work.  So, I don't watch too many games.  I'm glad I didn't start watching last night - double overtime.

Yeah, Bruins-Blackhawks would be a great series.  We wouldn't get to hear Boston's great national anthem singer, Rene Rancourt, do "Oh, Canada," though.  They only do both anthems when a team from Canada is playing here.

A friend I play hockey with hired Rene Rancourt to sing at his wedding.  Both families are of Canadian descent, so he was a big hit.  When was the last time you heard two national anthems sung at a wedding?

They only do both anthems when a team from Canada is playing here.

Funny thing about the NHL, when Boston beat Vancouver in the Stanley Cup there were more Canadians on the Boston team and there were more Americans on the Vancouver team. Therefore when Boston won, more Canadians won then if Vancouver would have won. Goes to show how much these two countries are linked together with Hockey. 

The only real Canada VS USA game would be in a final match at the World Cup or at the Olympics (which is magic when that happens). NHL is just a bunch or franchises with players from all over the world on each team, gives each city some pride for where they reside. 

If Boston won this year I would be cool with that. Boston could use another big party.

Matthew Kane

And a hearty Bronx cheer to you Capt Barfbag . . . . . LOL

Yes it will be Boston vs Chicago. An original 6 final.

I think we should just rename it the 'Original 5' because Toronto doesn't really count any more  :P  

Matthew Kane

Yes it will be Boston vs Chicago. An original 6 final.

I think we should just rename it the 'Original 5' because Toronto doesn't really count any more  :P  

As one who followed the NHL back in those days, I can really appreciate these "classic" finals.

Toronto gave my Bruins more trouble than either the Rangers or the Penguins.  That series went 7 games and then some, as the Bruins rallied from 3 down in the 3rd period and won it in overtime.

Looking forward to a great final series.

Its only 1/2 a Stanley cup this year because of half the season. They made a new one that is half the size for this year ;)

Oh and Toronto apparently won't win for another 17 years or so.

LEAFS= Losers Even After Forty_six (Fifty_XXX) Seasons.

Don't bash me. Heard it from a frustrated TO fan.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png