Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Barfbag

Boston Bruins flying high, Penguins sobbing?

Toronto gave my Bruins more trouble than either the Rangers or the Penguins.  That series went 7 games and then some, as the Bruins rallied from 3 down in the 3rd period and won it in overtime.

Toronto has always been good on those opportunities when they do make the playoffs, They play hard but always seem to loose too early on. I will never forget 1993 the last time Toronto made it to the final four, and was knocked out by one Gretzky goal. I think that was the last time I ever supported that team. Too painful to watch  :O

Matthew Kane

While I've never been a fan of Toronto Maple Leafs (but nothing against them either), I do appreciate that the city lives and breathes hockey probably more than any other NA hockey town, at least that is the feeling Mats Sundin conveyed. It must be frustrating when sunshine teams like Lightning, Kings and Ducks win the Cup then.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

While I've never been a fan of Toronto Maple Leafs (but nothing against them either), I do appreciate that the city lives and breathes hockey probably more than any other NA hockey town, at least that is the feeling Mats Sundin conveyed. It must be frustrating when sunshine teams like Lightning, Kings and Ducks win the Cup then.

And this is exactly why Toronto always ends up with a crap team. The owners know that you don't have to invest any money on a good team because the stadium will always sell out anyways, so no point in spending money on good players. Toronto has been a flawed business practice since Harold Ballard.

They usually get a few good players like Mats Sundin, Doug Gilmore, Börje Salming or Darryl Sittler over the years to create an underdog type team but never invest in building an A-team capable of winning championships. If the stadium always sells out anyways, then it doesn't matter, they could be in last place all season long and the fans will still support them.

Matthew Kane

Its only 1/2 a Stanley cup this year because of half the season. They made a new one that is half the size for this year ;)

It only looks like it's half-sized because Zdeno Chara is holding it.