Sign in to follow this  
Ed Straker

Help please,no panels displaying in FSX GOLD

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me,I am very new to FSX and recently installed FSX GOLD on my pc for the first time,but after setting up all of my controllers,and flying some default aircraft for the first time,it is very apparent that the panels are not showing/displaying on command of the Shift + number key.

Could anybody have an answer to this problem,please.

PC Specs

.Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

.i7-920 processor

.6GB RAM installed

.Nvidia GTX 580 1.5GB version

.1 TB SATA 7200 rpm Hard drive

Do the panels show if you go to the command bar above (with ALT) and access the Views menu?

Bert

Have you tried going to the Settings>Controller and clicking on Reset Defaults?   You could also click on one of the settings and then click on Change Assignment and try Shift+3 and it should tell you if the key has been assigned already or not.  If that doesn't work, then you are going to have to run a repair.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would think not being able to view panels from the views menu would tend to make something seriously incorrect! Probably an install Administrative rights fubar.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

IMPORTANT - we do NOT recommended installing to the default file location in Windows Vista or Windows 7. (Program Files or Program Files (x86)) - Windows "protects" anything within these folders and has been shown to cause numerous problems with the install and configuration of addons.  We recommend you pick a simple folder path outside of these folders such as C:\FSX

FIXED........Eureka,I did not switch off the Anti-virus whilst installing the FSX GOLD software,I just reinstalled everything with it off and it worked first time.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind help.