Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

Saitek Quadrant What Do you use buttons for?

I use 3 of them not as instrument buttons but "viewing " buttons.  I have a small second monitor  on top of the yoke and use this to display the 6 main instruments. I then use the  top 3 buttons to turn on (repeat press = off), a. Push Back, KneePad, & ATC and b. the 3 bottom ones,  Auto rudder, Airbrake and GPS.   The Kneepad, ATC and GPS display in the small monitor over the main gauges window so doesnt hinder the frontal outside view. When not needed these views are then easily turned off without needing to use the mouse.

ideal spot for a to/ga switch in a jet !!

yes, 1st one across feels perfect

Thats the only one I use , the rest are at wrong postions

ZORAN

I have my TrackIR5's "pause" and "precision" modes assigned to two switches. There's also the parking brake, Concorde afterburner/reheat and secondary flaps up/down control. The reason why the flaps control is secondary is because there are no levers left when I configure the TQ for a twin engine prop.The rest of the buttons are available as I have no idea what to assign to them; lights and gear are taken care of by my Saitek Switch Panel. Oh well, I'll find something to assign to all those spares one day. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1st switch Pause/Full screen,  2nd switch Screen Flapsup/down and 3ed 1/ATC window

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

yes, 1st one across feels perfect

Thats the only one I use , the rest are at wrong postions

zoran

i also use 2 for the autopilot / autothrottle alarm resets on a jet (eg ngx) ... handy when on approach / rollout !!

for now, cheers

john martin

Flaps up and down, Gear up and down, and Cowl Flaps up and down

Very similar to what I use them for.  I mount my yoke on  desk at midriff height and mount the quadrant off to the right and about 8 inches lower.  The position of the quadrant switches is, in regard to physical location, is as close as I have gotten with flight sim controls to the locations for flaps and gear in the real world aircraft I have flown.  I use the top side of the right-most switch to toggle on/off panel lighting in some aircraft, and the lower side of that switch to toggle my Track IR.  In some other aircraft, using FSUIPC, I use that rightmost switch to control various 2D popups.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I use - from left to right for PMDG 747

Switch 1 Top  TOGA Bottom AutoThottle

Switch 2 Top  Landing Lights Bottom Strobes

Switch 3 Top Beacon Bottom Cargo Doors

Switch 4  Top Airbridge/Skyway Bottom Main Entry Door

Switch 5  Top Localizer Bottom Approach

Switch 6 Top CMD-L Autopilot Bottom N/U

I didn't enable a switch for the Nav Lights since they are turned on during the preflight, so less pressure.

On the Yoke,

A1=Trim Up  A2=Trim Down

B1=Overhead Panel B2 = FMC

C1=Gear C2=Parking Brakes

D=

E=Autopilot Disconnect

Since the aircraft will auto trim in the air, I use Mode-2 to change the trim buttons to Send 1 and ' so that should you be using FSX ATC, you can quickly bring the ATC screen on to the display with A2 and then answer the top response with A1.  Rarely is the answer not 1.  One exception being Taxi path.

I've just bought FS2CREW and had to remap all these settings, since they have their own set.  However, Flaps is an issue, as this is usually an Axis setting on the 6th lever.  It will fight with fs2crew unless left in the up position, but FS2CREW doesn't appear to accept the command to set it during the taxi stage.  Anyone with any insight on this please let me know.

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.