Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

Freeware FMC, anyone tried it?

Fabulous find!I will try later today.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Accent

Oh man!This could be quite the find for us folks who enjoy ESDG Bizjets, which do lack a PMDG, or PSS level FMC.I too will d/l and report my findings ASAP.

Guest smileymiley

I have started a new thread about this -HUGE NEWS for many flightsimmers.I hope i have not upset you by posting anew thread.RegardsSmiley

Guest Edam

Just curious...why did you find it necessary to post a new thread?

Guest Accent

One quick observationIt says in the manual that it requires a registered version of FSUIPC, is this correct?Not really a problem IMO as I have FSUIPC registered, also must have WideFS or something along those lines, can anyone enlighten those of us not truly versed in the latest FS goodies.Also it appears to run inside of a window, will this program be accessible while running FS in full screen mode or will it run

Guest calnaction

I tried using it too. I couldn't get it to detect FS2004, but I think it may have something to do with WideFS and WideClient.exe. Can anyone elighten me as to why that is necessary? I thought WideFS was for running things on MULTIPLE computers, not one... I did get the copilot app to work, but it says I'm using FS2002, so I don't know quite what's up. I would love to use this FMC as it looks promising.-Cal

Guest Charlie Hall

The site makes a point of the ND? display being free. Is this suggesting that the rest of the package is not free? The main download also asks you to register. I don't like to risk offending by asking there! Any information about this is welcome! Thanks.

The package is excellent and completely free.Rick Schuitmaker is a fantastic person, thanks a lot Rick !!:-beerchug David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Charlie Hall

Thanks David! I've registered, downloaded and installed it. Not sure yet if it supposed to be used on the same computer as FS9 but it seems to recognise FS9 and my plane anyway. Lots to learn before I get to grips with it, having never used any FMC before. It looks very comprehensive to say the least so I'm looking forward to see it working. My thanks too to Rick!

I see there's only about 1,043 airports. JFK didn't have any SIDs/DPs only STArs. I see on his web site to get the PSS data from airac.Also, I opened a couple of the airport files and a lot of them have "By FSNavigator Team" or something to that affect.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Charlie Hall

I checked and I don't see any data for KJFK in PSS format. Looks like either search through the available other formats and if found, convert the data by hand, or worse still type the whole lot by hand assuming the details for each can be got?

Guest Charlie Hall

Too late to edit my last massage but I'll add this. I found a download on the NavData site in the sids stars section for PSS format called all in one. It contains 1524 airports and the required sids for KJFK but I have yet to see if it works. Must be worth a try but make a backup of your existing file first.

I got this reply"Hi,1.For the moment there is no option , i'am working on that .You may however modify or create your own for the moment. See examples thesidstar Dir.You can also use the selection of NoStar with 3 x created FIX point forthe moment.Regard Peter."I am not sure what is meant by "NoStar with 3x created FIX point".

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

>Rick Schuitmaker is a fantastic person, thanks a lot RickI thought I recognised the web address. He must be the same guy who provided the excellent Iceland scenery back in FS5/FS95 days. Glad to see he is still in the hobby.--Bryn