Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Saitek Throttle engine controls for 2 or 4s.

I just purchased a second throttle quadrant so I now have six control axis. I would like to set them up to have left engine(s), right engine(s), prop, mix, spoiler, flaps.

The instructions for Saitek only show 2 or 4 engine configs. I would like to have left and right engines. Since the only quad I would fly is a 747 I don't want to waste two levers on engines that will rarely get used.

Anyone figure this out?

Hi DoubleJ,

I have two Saitek Throttle Quadrants myself and found the included software very difficult to set up, in fact in the end I didn't bother and bought a program called "FSUIPC" by Peter Dowson,  I don't know if you have heard of it?

Basically it is like an interface between FSX and your hardware, ie throttle quadrants, yoke, rudder pedals. It allows you to set up a profile for each of your aircraft and save that profile so each time you us an aircraft the controls always do what you wanted.

In my case I have it set so a Boeing 747 will be lever 1 spoilers, 2 to 5 engines 1 to 4 and then lever 6 is flaps. If I fly a twin prop one day then FSUIPC remembers that a prop is lever 1 to 3 is engine one, mixture, prop pitch and throttle, while lever 4 to 6  is engine 2 throttle prop pitch and mixture. It really is that powerful.

It initially takes a bit of effort to set up but in my opinion is well worth the price at 28 euros available from Simmarket.com.

Hope this helps you to sort out what you want to do.

Oh not sure if you know, but your posts on here are supposed to be signed with your name, not a problem but if I didn't mention it someone else will.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Oh not sure if you know, but your posts on here are supposed to be signed with your name, not a problem but if I didn't mention it someone else will.

Yeah I figured FSUIPC was the only way to do it...FSX spend money to use the money you've already spent!

BTW... "sign my name"? That's the first time I heard that one!

This is only necessary in the PMDG support forum, not here!

Hi DoubleJ.

Yeah I figured FSUIPC was the only way to do it...FSX spend money to use the money you've already spent!

Yeah I know it seems bad doesn't it, but using FSUIPC will give you the flexibility to assign controls for your different aircraft which you won't be able to do any other way. It's not FSX's fault, just that us simmers now want more than what microsoft originally envisaged when they designed FSX. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.