Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Q400 External SPOT View in FSX Problem

Hello All --- well, after reading much and viewing much, purchased the Q400 today and loaded it up under FSX. Really am pleased with the quality and detail.

First issue I noticed is that loading the Q400 model causes the FSX SPOT view mode (floating spot) to glitch and go into LOCK SPOT mode. I tried many things to try and clear the locked condition but only rebooting FSX will fix it.

All other aircraft working fine in regular SPOT view. During this observation, no other add-ons were running (no weather, scenery, etc). So please add this one to the "fix it" list !!! 

Also, are users reporting bugs to Majestic directly via email, etc. ???

Many Thanks -- Would appreciate a note from others if you are seeing this problem on your FSX systems too ---- :-)

All other aircraft working fine in regular SPOT view.

As a clarification to my starter post, once the Q400 model is loaded, the glitch (lock up) remains in FSX....even if you change to another aircraft type without rebooting.

That's because the FDE is done so much outside of fs.

It's not a bug, just the way it is.

Best

Lee

cant we change it via views document in appdata folder of fsx?

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Maybe so, but I would say it is a bug that would be greatly appreciated if it were fixed. The locked view is very cumbersome to use and takes realism away from the external view of the a great new plane.

I hope that MJC takes care of it -- as it also effects the interface with other aircraft as well.

Let us hope it gets some attention. :-)   Thanks for the feedback.

I agree.  To have the view point rotate with the plane during a turn just isn't very real looking to me.  That little detail takes away from an otherwise very immersive experience IMHO. 

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

It's the reason i no longer fly mine.  Its grounded.  I very much doubt it'll ever be changed.  It seems to be one of the things that Majestic have closed thier ears to:-(

Wouldn't be quite so bad if it didn't impact every single flight afterwards without a reboot.

It's the reason i no longer fly mine.  Its grounded.  I very much doubt it'll ever be changed.  It seems to be one of the things that Majestic have closed thier ears to:-(

That's because it's not fixable; the behaviour of the spot view camera is dependent upon acceleration values generated by the FSX FDE. The MJC8 Q400 uses an external FDE and it's not possible to inject the acceleration values in to FSX, hence the camera being static. This has been stated several times by Majestic themselves, but some users just won't accept that fact, it's one of the compromises required to have an external FDE.

To be honest, I can't believe anyone wouldn't fly this revolutionary addon simply because one of the external cameras doesn't move in quite the manner to which they are accustomed, it's hardly a game-breaker. If it was easily fixed then maybe it would be worth Majestic's time, but they have more important issues to sort out first.

To have the view point rotate with the plane during a turn just isn't very real looking to me.  That little detail takes away from an otherwise very immersive experience IMHO. 

Since when has it been realistic to have a camera hovering within 100 ft of your aircraft all flight!?

You are of course all entitled to your own opinions but I rather think it's splitting hairs over an issue so trivial it's barely worth mentioning. I know this is oft stated but you are suppose to be inside the thing the majority of the time anyway.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Try it  and let us  know how  it  works

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wouldn't be quite so bad if it didn't impact every single flight afterwards without a reboot.

Well, thanks to all for your comments and perspective. At least, so far, I think we know what the basic cause of this issue is.

I would agree with Dougal in kind, in that a "feature" or "benefit" of an add-on should not permanently change the game function for other add-ons. Optimistically, I hope that MJC puts some effort into this issue, and fixes it.

Certainly not a trivial issue, as many of us, to a great extent, do enjoy our add-ons outside of the cockpit as well.

Thanks !!!!

This issue has been described and replied in F.A.Q. section of Majestic Q400 website.

Since the add-on uses external flight dynamics, it is forced to use FSX "slew" mode all the time. This mode doesn't allow smooth spot view, hence the issue.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

This issue has been described and replied in F.A.Q. section of Majestic Q400 website.

Since the add-on uses external flight dynamics, it is forced to use FSX "slew" mode all the time. This mode doesn't allow smooth spot view, hence the issue.

Hi Samdim --- thanks for your input. I would say that the main issue is that their approach "breaks" the smooth spot view operation for other planes as well until the user reloads FSX.

I hope they make an effort to at least cause the Q400 code to clean up what it breaks so the user does not have to reboot every time they wish to fly the Q400.

Regardless, I really like the Q400 and enjoy flying it. Many superb features -- and finally a really nice WX radar system  :-)

Thanks again --- Bob