Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

How much will this help? [Build]

Since I really don't have time, money, or energy I was going to simply buy a new computer and not bother with building my own.

This computer is a major improvement over my current one but I'm curious to know exactly how much better it will be and if that is worth the money.

Current Computer:

Dell Inspirion 530

Intel Core Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz

2.00GB ram @ ??? MHz

256GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT Graphics Card

Windows XP [yep...] 32 bit

Running Rates (for extra information):

PMDG 737NGX - locked at 25 FPS in external views, 15-25 FPS when in Virtual Cockpit

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended - 20-25 FPS in any view

Possible New Computer

Alienware X51

Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.3GHz with Hyper Threading and Turbo Boost Technology [for OC?]

6GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz

1TB Hard Drive

1GB Nvidia GeForce GTX645

Windows 7 OR Windows 8 both 64 bit

Running Rates (for extra information):

N/A

What is suggested that I can do, is this going to be worth the money spent on it?

EDIT: Added Operating Systems information.

Edited by jetsflier

The problem with prebuilt computers is that they are overpriced for what you get. You would see an imporvement, but there are options that would be even better for around that same price, if you are willing to build a computer. Building is very easy, and only takes a couple of hours. If you were willing to build, here is what I would recommend:

CPU:  Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Microcenter) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($129.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Video Card:  PNY GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.57 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive:  Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.94 @ Outlet PC) 
Total: $739.42
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-04 19:48 EDT-0400)

This build would be faster than both the alianware option, and your current computer. It would be a very strong fsx setup.

Pre-built got warranty on if it breaks down. Would upgrade to I5 CPU with k attached for little extra money. I3 get by but expect to run things at medium settings.

I just really have no idea how to build the computer, which is a lame excuse but it's what I find myself using.

I second what's been suggested build yourself it all click into motherboard and there's plenty of guides, prebuilt are rubbish and you get a lot more bang for buck if you do yourself. You will be surprised what you can do if you put mind to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART