Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

USA ROADS ENHANCEMENT ISSUES

Guest captandy

I have been over to SIM FORUMS and here and all I can say is that this enhancement does not work.I went as far as uninstalling USA roads and reinstalling with SP1 and still no luck.All roads still cross water regardless how you set up the configurator it will always default to "ONLY MAJOR ROADS AND HIGHWAYS CROSS WATER".I went and changed the USAROADS configuration file to read like this :[settings]DataSet=1FadingLights=1TextureType=3Pavement=0Traffic=1RoadsOverWater=0<<<< Changed this to 1Day=1This will force the configurator to select no roads cross water but after I modified I still had roads over the water,If anyone has a clue how to make this enhancement work let me know..ThanksAndy

Hi,Typically in an On/Off situation, zero means Off and one means On. Also, not sure if manually editing this config file will do anything without running the Configuration Utility. Sometimes the .cfg file holds settings for the utility and does not cause changes, because files/textures need to be added or taken away.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest captandy

Jim I have tried it both ways with and w/o changing the config file.The update does not work.I have been over to SIM FORUMS and I guess I am not the only one with issues.If you know of a fix let me know.ThanksAndy

Yep, the update's not working on this end either...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest captandy

I was over at SIM FORUMS and I downloaded the BETA update and it works great. Thanks for all your help ...Andy

For those that are interested, we have updated the official version of the USA Roads Scenery Enhancement Package #1 (11/3/04). This version should fix all reported problems.See the thread below for the download location:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=9168&PN=1If you have already installed the package, and just want to update your executable, you can get the beta at the link below (the beta version became the official released version).http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=9163&PN=1Either way, you can reinstall over the old version(s). Thanks !Allen KriesmanScenery Solutions

"If you have already installed the package, and just want to update your executable, you can get the beta at the link below"....and I can confirm that it works a treat :)Mike