Hello Everyone.

I am a M.Engineering student from a University in Canada.

Our team is currently designing and building a fixed based flight simulator to be used for educational and research purposes.

We are almost done building the rig, so now we need to choose a control equipment (yoke, throttle and rudder for now).

For our test-bed, we used CH's FlightSim Yoke, throttle quadrant and pro pedals.

But the built quality and the feel of the control did not meet on par with our standards.

So researches were done, and we found some better quality devices, price ranging from $200 ~ $1350.

Yoke

One of the most important equipment we need to purchase. Here is the list of the ones we found so far.

• Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke System $210
  • VRInsight Flight Master Yoke $400
  • Precision Flight Controls Cirrus Beech Yoke $620
  • GOFLIGHT GF-Pro Yoke System $750

Throttle

There weren't as many choices as yokes, so we simply went with the concept of our simulator, which is mainly for general aviation

• Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Prop Mixture Module $150

Rudder

Same for the throttle, I haven't found many variants, so decided to stick with this

• Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder $210

So.. finally, my question is, of the four yokes above, which one do you recommend?

Remember, it needs to feel and look as professional (real) as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I have all Saitek Pro and love them. I have the pro pedal and like them better than the Cessna. Either one is good. I have an extra throttle quadrant and all the panels they put out. For the dollar not a bad investment. Use FSUIPC for calibration. Mine are two years old and work as well as the day I bought them.

Saitek and CH are adequate lower end hardware. The 'throw' is less than the higher priced alternatives and the plastic is upgraded to very nice steel and cast materials which has a very realistic feel. All around just a higher quality but at a price.

Can definitely recommend the PFC Beech Yoke.  Better with the Hall Effect Sensor upgrade.

They also offer a throttle console with interchangeable quadrants, some of which are designed for GA aircraft.

I haven't tried their rudder pedals, but they come well recommended.

Hope this helps.