Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Latest Update for DM's VC10

Go here http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=New+Vickers+VC10+panel&CatID=root&Go=Search and download Update 7.

This corrects some anomalies with the VC10 autopilot and rectifies a long standing error with the autothrottle. It's a small update but nevertheless an important change enabling you to fly the a/c in a much more authentic manner.

Thanks for the links.

I downloaded the VC-10 from DM's site and added all the updates to it. Have spent last few days getting to know this aircraft.

One problem...I cannot get the Nose Access panel light to extinguish.  After start and pushback, I select "ground call reset" on the ignition panel, but the light just wont go out.

Any thoughts from anyone else flying this plane. Thanks.

Peter

Peter Schluter

Thanks for the links.

I downloaded the VC-10 from DM's site and added all the updates to it. Have spent last few days getting to know this aircraft.

One problem...I cannot get the Nose Access panel light to extinguish.  After start and pushback, I select "ground call reset" on the ignition panel, but the light just wont go out.

Any thoughts from anyone else flying this plane. Thanks.

Peter

The procedure with the nose access panel is as follows:-

When you open the cabin doors the access panel light illuminates along with all the other door / hatch lights. Each light extinguishes in turn leaving the main door light and access panel light on.

You close the door light -- soon after you get a cabin call -- cabin pre-taxi chaeck complete escape slides in position etc.

Now you can begin the push-back.

On the pushback panel there are two groups of small grey/white squares a group of 4 and a group of 3.

Click on the first left hand square follow the instructions. click on each square in sequence until you hear "pushing back"

Now you begin the pushback. When you have stopped the pushback click on the first square of the second group. Then the second and then the last. After a short time the access panel light will go out. When that happens click on your left view and wait till you see the marshaller. Go back into your normal view and click on the righthand blue light on the ignition panel. This disconnects the ground jackboxes.

Done! It works everytime.

I think you were missing something out in the procedures!!

Go here http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=New+Vickers+VC10+panel&CatID=root&Go=Search and download Update 7.

This corrects some anomalies with the VC10 autopilot and rectifies a long standing error with the autothrottle. It's a small update but nevertheless an important change enabling you to fly the a/c in a much more authentic manner.

Will this work for the Addictive VC-10?

Will this work for the Addictive VC-10?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

That's a payware model. All these updates refer strictly to David Maltby's model which is freeware. And so are the updates. They cannot be used on a payware model for financial gain.

Besides these updates (apart from not having the VC) take DM's model far in advance of any payware equivalent. And, the project is still only 60% complete!!!!!!!

And, the project is still only 60% complete!!!!!!!

Which project, the Addictive one? Really? Thanks for that info.

Which project, the Addictive one? Really? Thanks for that info.

No!!! You misread!

The updates available to date on avsim for DM's VC10 are in terms of the entire project only 60% complete.

Why? Because the entire split system technology of the VC10 is still to be emulated. What control surfaces are electrically controlled, what are hydraulically controlled, how and where they interact. Effects of a partial or complete failure of the electrical system and or hydraulics. Switching from one bus to another. PCU failures, What systems and instruments function only with ELRAT deployment etc etc. Hopefully I can have it done before the year end!

The updates on avsim have nothing whatsoever to do with the Addictive VC10. I don't know why you brought it up as it is made quite clear in every upload that the updates are for Dave Maltby's model!

If you don't have his model I recommend you download it as even in its "raw" state it's a superior model. And recommended by the RAF!!

vololiberista

Thanks for answering my question. I shall try again.

Peter

Peter Schluter

f you don't have his model I recommend you download it as even in its "raw" state it's a superior model. And recommended by the RAF!!

I was about to, until I realised this thread is for the FS9 version. I hope he does make one for the SX as I agree the FS9 model is very good.

The updates on avsim have nothing whatsoever to do with the Addictive VC10. I don't know why you brought it up

Yes, I am fully aware what it stated and what it did not state, but it is not unknown for panels from one developer to be morphed into another, e.g. Posky777 and PSS777, which were the lines I was thinking on.

Just out of morbid interest I did a gauge count!!!! In total 484

135 on the main panel alone and another 105 on the OH!

vololiberista

Thanks for answering my question. I shall try again.

Peter

Thanks for the help, all worked. What was confusing was that the little squares on the pushback gauge do not display for me, but the click spots are there, just invisible.

I did my first proper flight tonight. Heathrow to Beiruit. What a gem of a plane this is. Coming out of autopilot at 7000 feet and manually following the vectors to the ILS and landing was a delight. Thanks to those who have taken the trouble to create this.

Peter

Peter Schluter