Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Multiple monitors. What to start with?

Maybe there isn't any MS software to do the spanning in Win7 but I have three monitors running off an Nvidia card using Nvidia's Surround software. It's fairly painless if all the monitors have the same refresh rate, polarity and a common resolution. The three monitors appear to games to be just one monitor of high resolution. I think ATI has similar software (Eyefinity maybe?)

Maybe there isn't any MS software to do the spanning in Win7 but I have three monitors running off an Nvidia card using Nvidia's Surround software. It's fairly painless if all the monitors have the same refresh rate, polarity and a common resolution. The three monitors appear to games to be just one monitor of high resolution. I think ATI has similar software (Eyefinity maybe?)

For some reason I don't have such option in NVIDIA control panel. My GTX 550Ti support multi monitor, I saw it is in video card specs. Is it because I have 2 different types of monitors? Refresh rate is the same. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I expect your card doesn't support nVidia Surround - I know some 6xx series card support it but I doubt many, if any, 5xx series do.

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darren Morris

..BartEnder

... okay BartEnder, so what you telling me is that I can

hoop up TH2G to one port (have 3 monitor connected to TH2G) 

hook up 2 more monitors to the 2nd & 3ed ports

for a total of 5 monitors, did I get it right ????

Cheers

Yair

It should work... Although I have not tested it. You can dig for answers in http://www.wsgf.org/

OK. Another silly question. How can I span views between 2 and 3 monitors? I google it and some folks said that option is no longer available in W7 and 3rd party software needed to installed. 

Thx again. 

There are two options - one, to maximize the FSX window (not a full screen) and use a tool (I am sure it is here, at the library), which hides the frame of the active window.

The other option would be to use nVidia Surround and fly a full screen, but Your GTX does not support Surround.

I expect your card doesn't support nVidia Surround - I know some 6xx series card support it but I doubt many, if any, 5xx series do.

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah. I went on NVIDIA website to check on that. I may need new video card or try the option BartEnder mentioned.

Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”