Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

Mapping your add on airports in Google Earth

I've done a bit of digging around and can't find anything so am asking here.

I've got a lot of add on airports both freeware and payware and what I'd like to do is map those onto Google Earth, if only to be able to help with planning flights.

Does anyone know of an existing utility that can scan ones add on scenery and produce a KML/KMZ file one can import into Google Earth?

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Ha,

great you ask this!

I have searched around about this also without any solution.

Would be a great tool if it could list of all installed airport sceneries and produce a KML/KMZ to map them in Google Earth.

---

Another great service would be a website which lists all available FSX addon airports on a map - always updated.

Users could log in and mark there addons on this map ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a freeware tool in the AVSIM library which got updated just recently (to keep track of your favourite airports - what's the name of it, again???). It's supposed to be "fed" by manual entries, though.

It can create kmz files, too.

EDIT - Found it:

"Found for you at AVSIM, and uploaded by Tobias Wagner … FS add-on Tracker 1.0 for FSX.

According to Tobias “This little tool helps you keep a list of your favourite airports with the option to export this list to Google Earth.”

Furthermore “Easily choose an airport for today’s flight and access additional airport data through Sam High’s fsxdb.com.”

The add-on requires Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher."

Edited by olli4740

Ha,

great you ask this!

I have searched around about this also without any solution.

Would be a great tool if it could list of all installed airport sceneries and produce a KML/KMZ to map them in Google Earth.

---

Another great service would be a website which lists all available FSX addon airports on a map - always updated.

Users could log in and mark there addons on this map ...

It's not perfect but I always use:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

http://www.flightsim-scenery.com/fsx.html

To find out as a first stop what's available in the world for freeware and commercial scenery.

Bump ;)

the tipps above are great.

However it means to keep manually track of your addons.

If someone could make a KMZ generator from reading the scenery.cfg that would be great!

:)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

i already do this through the google my places features, very quick and simple to do but i only use it to keep track of payware airports but i did add one freeware airport as i like flying from there but will buy the payware version soon  :)

My airports in europe for the A320 and NGX :)

my_europe_airports.JPG

-Paul-