Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

737 Night Lighting.

SDK?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

SDK?

Well, since the subject of an SDK has now been mentioned, ... :rolleyes:

There's an app called Virtual CDU (both android & iOS versions) that interacts with the FMC in FSX.  It operates both in windowed & full screen modes, and doesn't have lag issues that other similar apps out there do.  It currently supports the PMDG NGX & ifly 737.

Discussion at NGX forum:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/401679-virtual-cdu-ngx-test/

Developer's website:  http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/Page/product/9_Virtual-CDU.html

Don't have a quote at hand, but somewhere I read that the developer was open to supporting other aircraft, saying that all he would need was an SDK for each specific aircraft.

It would be cool to have a version that could interact with the FMC on the Sperry 177 versions of the 737-200.  Just a thought ...

Mike A.

Sorry but I think we will have to pass on this...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Milviz, can you be more specific on item number one? What' exactly does that mean I can't fly with the fms? There for show?

I think you're talking about the list of stuff that wasn't yet completed... so, I'm going to answer you though I am pretty sure that if you read a bit further you will see what you're looking for...

The FMS will fly the plane but only with the SP177.  You will, of course, have to read the manual to use it.  We will not be doing a tutorial on that as it is WAY to complex for that.

Navigraph support is "included" but, obviously, you will need to purchase the updates.  The methodology used is the same as ESDG.

Again, the following version(s) will be available:

1) Sperry 77 (no FMS)

2) Sperry 177 with FMS

3) any of the above with or without gravel kit

4) cargo, cargo combi and pax

There will be NO PCDS (or whatever the heck it is)

The DATA printer was removed as it ran out of ink and we couldn't figure out how to refill it...

The WX radar will NOT be working.  We MIGHT put TCAS in there... (MIGHT)

FPS is good to excellent and even fantastic given medium to high end systems.  No, it's not going to work on older systems.  Sorry.

It is NOT for FS9 nor will it ever be.

We do not intend to do any other 737 versions.

For those who pre-ordered, it's still moving and you will be sent your version at least 3 days before everyone else gets theirs.

For the first two weeks, we will be selling it on our site exclusively.

The F-1 installer WILL probably give you a false positive about a virus.  This is NOT a virus.  Please DISABLE your anti-virus prior to downloading and installing the product.

Paint kit and manual will be going up ... soon ish.

Sound set is from a real 737-200

Support will ONLY be offered off our site as we do not wish to "help" the pirates out there.  Sorry but that means no support here on this particular product.

We are still debating DRM because, after 3 days, the Sabre went up on the torrents and within a week, over 10K were downloaded.  Not amusing.  Not at all.

Price will be 50$ USD.

Previous customers will get a 10% discount for the first 2 weeks.

I think that's it... 

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

that is well said and straight, like that, Thanks for the update.

Cheers.

Milviz, thanks for the reply! I appreciate the explanation, can't wait to get it (I pre ordered)!

Sorry but I think we will have to pass on this...

So no FS2crew support and no hardware (mcp) support. :(

Seeing as we've never done an SDK (to my knowledge) the likelihood of it happening on release is zero.  We will look at this MAYBE for a service pack or update.  No promises.

Oh... there is one more thing:

Due to the intensity of all the stuff in the VC...  we will have NO CABIN... 

However, to alleviate that pain, you will be able to "sit" in there using a camera view from the external... (so all good...)

I used to fly the 732 a lot in my early simming days (tinmouse) so this addon may be just the thing to kick in some nostalgia :)