Sign in to follow this  
bblackkbirdd

MCE works well with RealAir Beech Duke B60, but not the Turbine - why?

Good morning, from Beeeeeautiful Southern NH, USA!!!  The Ol' Blackbird is here for a minute - with a question, please and thank you.

Firstly, I am still a HUGE fan of MCE.  One of the truly ground-breaking programs for FSX, IMO.  Gerald, you are to be applauded for "hanging in there" (even though there were some initial skeptics and critics), and assisting users, and continually updating MCE.  MCE is now a stable, mature, powerful program that greatly enhances FSX.  Ok - enough "mushiness"...... Haa haa!

My question......I currently use MCE with several of my planes (Heavy Iron, mostly); but I also sometimes use it with GA planes, like my RealAir Duke B60.  it works fine with the Original (normally aspirated) version of the aircraft.  However, I can not make it work with the Turbine version of same.  Have tried a couple of things, but no luck.  Was hoping you (or Will?) might be able to suggest something.

Thank you very much!

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

P.S. - a quick request, if I may - can you interface MCE with the new Majestic Q400?  iI's an amazing aircraft.  Would love it to work with MCE.  Thanks much!

Good morning, from Beeeeeautiful Southern NH, USA!!!  The Ol' Blackbird is here for a minute - with a question, please and thank you.

Firstly, I am still a HUGE fan of MCE.  One of the truly ground-breaking programs for FSX, IMO.  Gerald, you are to be applauded for "hanging in there" (even though there were some initial skeptics and critics), and assisting users, and continually updating MCE.  MCE is now a stable, mature, powerful program that greatly enhances FSX.  Ok - enough "mushiness"...... Haa haa!

My question......I currently use MCE with several of my planes (Heavy Iron, mostly); but I also sometimes use it with GA planes, like my RealAir Duke B60.  it works fine with the Original (normally aspirated) version of the aircraft.  However, I can not make it work with the Turbine version of same.  Have tried a couple of things, but no luck.  Was hoping you (or Will?) might be able to suggest something.

Thank you very much!

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

P.S. - a quick request, if I may - can you interface MCE with the new Majestic Q400?  iI's an amazing aircraft.  Would love it to work with MCE.  Thanks much!

Thanks for the accolade Ray

Suggest you send the "aircraft.cfg" file for the aircraft MCE is having issues with.

Thanks

Hi again, Gerald - thank you.

Question, please....do I send it support@multicrewexp.com?

All best,

Ray L ('Bird)

Affirmative.

And please edit the address above to change @ to (at) to avoid being spammed. Thanks

Hi Gerald - thanks....I edited my post - sorry about that!  Was not aware of that.

Have sent file.

Thanks again.

Best,

Ray L.

Hi again, Gerald - thank you.

Question, please....do I send it support (at) multicrewexp.com?

All best,

Ray L ('Bird)

Affirmative.

Actually, it's support(at)multicrewxp.com  (without the 'e' between w and xp)

Hi Gerald - thanks....I edited my post - sorry about that!  Was not aware of that.

Have sent file.

Thanks again.

Best,

Ray L.

No worries. It's the wrong address anyway  :lol:

Affirmative.

The correct one is support(at)multicrewxp.com  (without the 'e' between w and xp)

Haa haaa!!!  Yikes!!!  I wonder who received my Aircraft.cfg file, then??  Haaa haa!

I'll resend - to the CORRECT address.

Thanks!

Best, 'Bird

Haa haaa!!!  Yikes!!!  I wonder who received my Aircraft.cfg file, then??  Haaa haa!

I'll resend - to the CORRECT address.

Thanks!

Best, 'Bird

Tried to reply to your e-mail with the attachment. Unfortunately Comcast rejected it.

The issue appears to be cause by having all [fltsim.x] sections with the same header when MCE expects [fltsim.0], [fltsim.1], [fltsim.2], [fltsim.3] etc... in order to properly identify the livery.

Backup your original "aircraft.cfg" and replace it with this one you can dowload from this link

http://www.multicrewxp.com/aircraft.cfg

Hi Gerald -  Hmmmm - funny - I have done the same thing to the "normal" Duke ("X" ing out the liveries that I don't want - and MCE works fine with that.)

However, I will try your suggestion - and will let you know if it works.

Thank you very much!!

Ray L ('Bird)

Hi again, Gerald......guess what?  It WORKS!!!!

Don't know what it is about the Black paint job, but if I try to load that one (even with several of the Original paints present), MCE refuses to work.

Ok - so after getting it to work with several paints, I decided to try something....I "X"d out the Black paint job, and most of the Original ones, just leaving 1 Original paint job.  You guessed it....It works just fine.

Long story short, I am very happy with the outcome.

Thank you (and to your team) very much, for such great product support!!

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)