Sign in to follow this  
michal

what gives better FPS in addon planes...2D or 3D??

Guest nigel28

This may be a stupid question for some..but I really love flying aircraft i nthe VC..but th panel quality, hard to read gauges, etc are getting on my nerves...as well as the FPS in these planes...for add ons like PMDG 737, Feelthere CRJ, and eaglesoft jets...will I see a dramatic improvement in FPS if I go to the 2D panel?

Guest nigel28

*BUMP* anyone??? I love these addon's but I know the FPS in VC is going to kill my experience..so I really need to know if 2D is the way to go as far as FPS before I buy?

It helps but not that much really not on my system anyway. As for PMDG you can tune the LCD displays frame rate up so you get smoother displays but that comes with a performance hit of course.But for me the performance difference between 2D and VC in any addon I fly is less then 10 % generally but 2D panels is just about always a little bit faster.

What is dramatic? Here are a few points on 2d vs VC:-2d gauges are generally much smoother than VC gauges-2d panels can be faster than a VCHowever, it depends on the plane. If you switch to the 2d panel, the VC is still loaded unless you are using a 2d panel only model. I use this for the PMDG 737 (I don't care for VC's in commercial jets anyway) and it gives a little better performance than the model with the VC in it. Although the difference is certainly not that big. I can't comment on spending a lot of time in the VC because I never use it.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest racartron

A lot depends on the complexity and efficient design of each panel. I've seen better performance in 2D in some planes and 3D in others. However, ususally not a hugh amount of variation.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

The only planes that has better framerates in vc is those where more of the outside view is obstructed I find. Then I don

>flying aircraft i nthe VC..but th panel quality, hard to read>gauges, etc are getting on my nerves...how would you feel about these hard to read gauges in VC:http://www.simforums.com/forums/uploads/Dr...4028_ATR006.jpgor this ..http://www.simforums.com/forums/uploads/Dr...3331_ATR003.jpgMichael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

>>DREAMFLEET ATR72 ???>but of course!Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)