Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

Auto log-out

It happened again while I was typing this post - see below. Can you set my mind at rest?

Cheers,

D

I am experiencing the same issue ...

And i have tried IE, Firefox - and also tried out on various PC's.

But for whatever reason i am getting "auto logged out" when for instance typing a reply-message.

I don't now what causes this, but mabye someone could help a bit or have a look, because when browsing through the Help-Thread here, there are quite some people recently having troubles either with editing replies or - being logged out for instance while writing one.

What can cause this odd thing?

P.S.:

Just got logged off again when i tried to "Post" this message here - had to copy it all, sign in again and paste it and then "Post" it ... pretty weird somehow ...

Where there any recent updates or browser changes you've made? It almost sounds like it might be a cookie issue. Sometimes these settings may change inadvertently.

I also see that this post is a little aged. If you know longer experiencing these issues please let me know.

Hi Chase.

No... it still happens. If I spend more than a couple of minutes composing a reply I'm automatically logged out, rather as though there's a time-out occuring if I don't change page within Avsim's forum often enough. However, I don't find out until I hit the 'Post' button. I suppose I should experiment with various other sites that require users to sign in but I don't spend so much time anywhere else.

Like you, I suspect it's something at this end. I'm at work, logging in from my employer's network and the ICT department wouldn't make any change to security policies just for the sake of one employee's lunch break. I did think it may have been an IE 8 issue but things seem ok from the local library where the same browser is used.

I guess I'll just keep composing in notepad and copy & paste into the thread's 'Reply to this topic box'; it's hardly a big problem-- just a bit strange.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Chase.

No... it still happens. If I spend more than a couple of minutes composing a reply I'm automatically logged out, rather as though there's a time-out occuring if I don't change page within Avsim's forum often enough. However, I don't find out until I hit the 'Post' button. I suppose I should experiment with various other sites that require users to sign in but I don't spend so much time anywhere else.

Dave, I have upped the time that a session "stays alive". See if that fixes the problem..

Hi Tom.

It seems to have been ok today. Thanks for checking things over.

I'll confirm in a few days.

Best regards,

Dave

Hi Tom.

I'm sure now the problem is at this end. I don't get logged out if I just lurk in the forum, only when I'm typing a post. I've noticed also that the network here doesn't remember 'Remember Me' cookies so the auto-log-out is surely caused by some new policy that's been applied here.

Thanks again for taking the time to look.

Best regards,

Dave

I have the same problem. If i read a topic for maybe 5 minutes and then try to read another i'm already disconnected and have to login again.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have the same problem. If i read a topic for maybe 5 minutes and then try to read another i'm already disconnected and have to login again.

You need to allow cookies from avsim.net and avsim.com and put both in your trusted sites category in your browser's security settings.

Tom, i'm going to double-check that.

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White