Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

744 and 748

Hi,

I am switching completly to FSX now - hope this is a good idea - and just but PMDG 737 NG and asking myself whether is shall by the 744 or whiat for the new version. Will the new version be the 748 or the 744.

Marek

Will the new version be the 748 or the 744.

The base package will be the 747-400. The 747-8 will be an expansion pack I believe. I also recall PMDG may include the freighter versions of those aircraft.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The 747-400X includes the freighters, but not the 747-8.

The 747-8 is an additional pack at an additional price. It works only in conjunction with the 747-400.

The 747-8 is new exterior model and new sound only. Flightdeck/systems are the same as with the 747-400.

BTW, the 747X is announced to be reworked to an upcoming version 2.0 ...

As others have said above, it is wise to wait. Might be another 10 months to one year until its released but the wait will be worth it! 

SO shall i wait for the 747X version 2 or shall i buy the version now.

M

The 747-400X includes the freighters, but not the 747-8.

The 747-8 is an additional pack at an additional price. It works only in conjunction with the 747-400.

The 747-8 is new exterior model and new sound only. Flightdeck/systems are the same as with the 747-400.

BTW, the 747X is announced to be reworked to an upcoming version 2.0 ...

@Viennaman the 2.0 will also feature the 748-i/F but this time as a FULL SIMULATION

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have money to spare and you really want to fly a 747, buy it now. You'll have a ton of fun, sponsor PMDG and when the 747 v2.0 comes out, you can buy that one.

If you're not desperate about flying a decent 747, just wait it out.

The NGX will keep you plenty busy for months/years, I would wait . The original 747 is great but it looks like a cartoon compared to the NGX. The v2 will be stunning.

Related to this subject, it's a shame PMDG haven't discounted the 747-8 expansion pack.  They have discounted the base pack price after all.  Realistically it could be well over a year before the 747-8 expansion is released for the 747v2.  I'd be happy to buy the existing expansion pack at a reduced price to cover that gap, but $25 is far too much for an external model+sounds for a soon to be replaced addon.

With the 747v2 on the horizon sales of the original 747X and the -8 expansion must have all but dried up.  A hefty discount might squeeze some more life out of them, and make it value for money for potential buyers like the OP to buy the 747X as an interim solution, rather than wait for V2 to come out.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I do not mid waiting, but ?

I have the pmdg 747-400, will I have to pay for the V2 version or can I upgrade for free?

You will have to pay as it will be a completely new product essentially. 

I do not mid waiting, but ?

I have the pmdg 747-400, will I have to pay for the V2 version or can I upgrade for free?

You need to pay the full price, because it´s not an update. The PMDG 747 V2 is a complete new edition!