Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

FSX and FS)

Hi Folks,

I am running now FS9 on my D drive whereas most of my programs like office etc are on C drive. Now i want to additionally install FSX. Where shall i install it on ? C or D. If i use C - than it gets automatlically installedunder the folder Microsoft Games. Shall I create a new Folder calles FSX ?

Please advise

tks Marek LOWW

Tks Oliver for the prompt Reply and the link.

But shall i put the folder FSX on C:\FSX or D.\FSX. Furthermore, i have the professional CD bought some years ago. Do i need to install SP1 and SP2 afterwards ?

Once again DANKE

Shhhht, this forum is English ... :lol:

Put FSX onto the same drive as FS9. You had a reason for FS9 to put it there, right? They won't run at the same time so you don't have to worry about bottlenecks from that, correct?

FSX professional is fine, but you need to add the SP1/SP2 on top of it (for better RAM and multicore usage).

There's an AVSIM FSX guide available with loads of information (search ...). For a start, just look at page 15 there (UIAutomationcore.dll fix) and look up the HIGHMEMFIX=1 fix.

Oliver,

Tks for your help. I am a complet computer dummy - as i am a cardiac surgeon here in Vienna. I just know how to fly these things as my friends are pilots at Austran and Lufthansa.

Can you help me if i have problems thorugh Teamviewer ? I would be more than happy to compensate you for the time.

Tks Marek

Sorry, no chance for teamviewer, I'm afraid. Post some more stuff here, I'll be watching this thread.

And there are lots of helpful people here at AVSIM - most of them know more about FS than I do!   :rolleyes:

BTW, my time on AVSIM is for free ...

tks and i know your time an avism is free. I am just a very unpatient person and dont want to sit hours and hours on the computer till it runs.

Are yu worried about TEAMVIEWER because of virus ?

Do you know anybody in LOWW that can help me with he FSX software and addons and optimal figuration.

I am really worried that i will inveswt a lot of money in all these add ons and than my computer winn not hanlde it.

So far FS9 was going very fine for me.

It's not malware that worries me, but I need some flexibility for how to spend my time.

You could post your issues a second time on the Aerosoft forum. (Just copy&paste ...)

They have German and English sections and the likelyhood someone from LOWW joins your thread may be higher.

But don't leave the AVSIM forum, it's a wealth of information and support - all around the clock!

I know - i am using AVSIm for the last years. Its all about time - as you said. I am operating every day 10 - 12 hours and the only time i can use the flight SIM is on the weekend. THerefore, i don't want to spend times with software problems.

Look now - i upgraded my computer to 64 Bits Windows - reinstalled my whole FS9 stuff (thats around 50 add on airports, PMDG, Level D, Fokker 100 Digital, etc) 

Spend hours and hours on that.

Now i have tremendous issues with the external view. It doesnt work normallly and NOBODY can help me.

M

Are you referring to the XPack (acceleration pack)?

Unless you're absolutely sure that you really need it (certain helicopters, fighters, missions, carrier operations) - stay away from it. It doesn't help with performance, it doesn't fix bugs, but it has created a few issues for some users.

it satarts already great - bought the 737 NG from PMDG - starting at EDDF - airport has no buildings - flying a round - get a message - FSX hat einen schwerwiegenden Fehler festgestellt und wird beendet

Its awful "!!!!!

I get every 5 minutes - Ein  schwerwiegenden Fehler ist aufgetreten  . and than FSX restarts

For all reading here, message is "A fatal error has occured" - which could be caused by a myriad of issues.

Installed as administrator?

Run as administrator?

Can you tell us the details from the event viewer (click for details to be shown in the message window)?