Sign in to follow this  
poolep

Belly landing and excess speed

I'm currently flying around the world in my PMDG 737 NGX.

So far I have had to make three "belly" landings due to flying in a "war zone" with FS Passengers.

On the most recent landing I was arriving in Columbo - Sri Lanka.

As I decended I started to be shot at.  My Hydraulics went along with my right engine and I had a ruptured fuel tank.

Bad - Yes, but no sweat.

I couldn't get the landing gear to deploy so I prepared for a belly landing.

However, it seemed that I couldn't reduce speed.  You would have thought that with only one engine the speed would fall away dramitically with the remaining engine on idle - but no.

It appeared that the lower I got the faster I went - and not a steep dive - only about 100-200 fpm.

At just 200 AGL I was actually in level flight and accellerating....  This has happened during all three instances when I have been "Shot down".

Is this a bug in the 737NGX or something obvious that I am doing wrong ?

This I had thought of but I have no idea how to recreate all of the failures !

I would suspect that FS Passengers is causing systems to fail in a way that was not anticipated by the PMDG developers when they wrote all the custom code for this very complex addon.

This does not address your specific problem but I would suggest disabling the "War Zone" feature in FS Passengers because it is insanely unrealistic for a mod that is designed simulate a more realistic flying experince. In real life airliners being shot down "or even shot at" in a war zone is an incredibly rare occurence and is the result of mistaken identity. May as well just randomly cause your aircraft to blow up in mid air to simulate "Terrorism".

You can still run FS Passengers with random failures enabled.

John Sturm

This issue is exactly similar to other users with idle problems, people unable to slow down the plane also with a very small vertical speed. But, before pointing to that, I think you must add more info or screenshots.

Was your engine still running? were both thrust levers in idle? What N1 you read on both engines? Winds?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Out of interest I tried a no flap belly landing, no other failures.  I was able to get the NGX to slow down and touch down but you need to get below the minimum drag speed so that the more it slows down the more drag you get.  If you are too fast there probable isn't enough drag to slow down when clean.  As you enter ground effect drag reduces further, which makes things more difficult still without flaps.

This is an area of the NGX flight model that wouldn't get much attention in testing, so if it isn't right it can hardly be called a bug.

ki9cAAb.jpg