Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Whatever next?!!!!!

Guest Charlie Hall

Looks very interesting but I remember a story about a full commercial flight simulator many years ago. Apparently the pilot had crashed and caused injury (broken ribs if I remember correctly) to either himself or one of the others. Maybe we're better off without it!

Guest daveg4otu

Just don't see quite how I could convince my wife that it would be worth 9990 eurosDave

Guest mike_cyul

Plus you have to build the cockpit! At 10,000 Euros (ok, to be fair, 10 Euros less than that), this is moving from being a hobby to being an illness. Kind of a nice illness, I admit. Would have to factor in divorce costs, though.Mike F.

Well at least in the US you could get really nice Ultralight for that price :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest mike_cyul

Come to think of it, for that price, you could get a real PPL plus rent a Cessna for a whole bunch of hours.Mike F.

Guest danowat

I would be very interested to know how many (if any) they sell ;)Dan.

Yeah - overkill me thinks!The video looks like it was shot using a prototype of the platform, the fridge-freezer backdrop suggests its somewhat experimental..CheersRottenlungs

Guest daveg4otu

Just watched the video....................Why does the name "Heath Robinson" spring to mind?Does it come with a free supply of sick bags?Still haven't convinced my wife(or myself for that matter) -probably a lost cause.Dave

Guest danowat

"the fridge-freezer backdrop suggests its somewhat experimental.." :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol

:-lol :-lol :-lol :-beerchug

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Looking at the photo it appears to be developed for a small aircraft (see how the seats are butted against each other), don't think it would work with a center console very well.I often wondered, if I had that kind of $$ to throw around would I really want to create a cockpit for just a single aircraft? What if I spent 2 years building a 737NG and then after 2 months of flying I wanted to fly the Shrike? How could I even choose a single aircraft to use for the next several years?I also read an article where a simmer went to a friend's house to take part in his ultra realistic cockpit. He was blown away sitting on the runway with all the sounds and the lights running. But when he took off he said he actually lost the sense of realism due to no movement, g-forces, wind wisping around the cockpit shell. He said he actually was able to achieve the "suspension of disbelief" easier using his home system with just a 19" monitor? Interesting viewpoint?Guess for me the direction is to move towards a wrap-around system of five 21" monitors with a couple of extras side by side for a full size panel. But then I can switch fromm a 777 to a 747 in the blink of an eye.But it's all good...

Guest BOPrey

> Movement like that>without G forces is less realistic than sitting still,>surely!>I have seen research paper that can prove what you said is true.