Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Vox Script won't accept "flaps fifteen" or any other

I'm trying to tweak some of the voxscripts to do a go-around procedure.  I want the copilot to set the flaps to 15, but it generates a script error.   I know it cannot be an invalid command because when I verbally tell the copilot "flaps fifteen" or "flaps thirty" or whatever, he correctly sets them. 

I've tried just about every variation I can think of, including "set flaps to fifteen", "flaps one five", "flaps one-five" etc, but nothing works.  But that one line keeps causing a script error.

What do I need to do to be able to get him to execute this command from within a script?

I'm trying to tweak some of the voxscripts to do a go-around procedure.  I want the copilot to set the flaps to 15, but it generates a script error.   I know it cannot be an invalid command because when I verbally tell the copilot "flaps fifteen" or "flaps thirty" or whatever, he correctly sets them. 

I've tried just about every variation I can think of, including "set flaps to fifteen", "flaps one five", "flaps one-five" etc, but nothing works.  But that one line keeps causing a script error.

What do I need to do to be able to get him to execute this command from within a script?

Scripting a command that has a value in it like "set speed 180", "Flaps 20" etc.. isn't currently supported.

Let me know what you're trying to achieve, and I may suggest a workaround.

Scripting a command that has a value in it like "set speed 180", "Flaps 20" etc.. isn't currently supported.

Let me know what you're trying to achieve, and I may suggest a workaround.

I'm attempting to get the co-pilot to set the flaps when I call "missed approach". The script correctly runs.

spoilers down

engine anti-ice one off

engine anti-ice two off

flaps fifteen

The part in Red doesn't work, even though flaps fifteen is a correctly understood command. I get a Voxscript error.  I understand that it doesn't support actual numbers such as "15", but I thought it would correctly understand "fifteen".  But you're saying that even the written numbers aren't  supported at this time, correct?

Also, as a related issue, I had to specifically make a new script called "missed approach" instead of just "go around" because when I was previously saying "go around", it wanted to skip the custom script of the same name and apparently execute a default version which pushed the throttle levers all the way forward, and didn't do any of the airplane specific items--I didn't want that.